A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

AOA Surveys: Why my dealer hates me! (long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-1998, 01:01 PM
VK

Default AOA Surveys: Why my dealer hates me! (long)

Like many other A4 owners, after my car has been to the dealer for service, I get calls from an independent reserch company on behalf of AOA to get my responses to questions about the service level, etc.<br>Until recently, my reviews have been very positive. However, my last 2 visits were under somewhat stressful circumstances, my car having died twice in 2 months due to what the dealer called a "faulty ECU". It wouldnt start and twice had to be towed. The last time my dealer kept the car for three days, and during the 2 nights it was left at the dealer, it was driven home by mechanics to "ensure the problem didn't present itself again". <br>Anyway, to make a long story shorter, the AOA survey folks called and I didn't hold back the comments about the experience (not to mention my car being returned with grease-stains on the carpet). So that was that.<br>Last week my car went in for a scheduled maintenance 15K service. So I'm picking up the car and the dealer hands me my printed receipt of the repair order (where it lists parts/labor etc) and right there under my name in computer print it says "Gives poor CSI response"<br>Now, at first, I thought they meant my car had a response problem, but then a friend at another car company told me it means that I gave my dealer a bad Customer Service survey review. So, it's nice to know that my dealer has a RED FLAG on my file. You'd think that AOA would do this anonymously.<br>I'm surprised there wasn't a horse's head in the trunk.<p>Comments?<p>VK<br>98 2.8 30V
Old 12-03-1998, 01:12 PM
RobS

Default This is alarming!

My first thought was, maybe they do to make sure they take extra special care of you. Then I snapped back to reality and thought about human nature. Great now the damn service dept. is going sabatoge my car. Can't we all just get along. Thank god I like my service dept. and they are good.
Old 12-03-1998, 01:30 PM
JohnS

Default There is a reason for them giving your name...

When Audi conducts any of the CSI surveys they always give your name and your word-for-word response. The reason behind this is that if there is a bad response, the dealer is sent an 'action item' and they are supposed to try and resolve it by getting in touch with the client and seeing what they can do to fix the bad response. So, really it's supposed to be a positive thing.<p>Poor responses are also logged in the dealer's CSI score. Each dealer and it's individual departments (sales, service, etc) is rated and compared against every other dealership in the region and the country and given a ranking. Allocation is tied to the ranking. <p>You ought to call AoA and see what they think about the note in your file. That could be grounds for some sort of discrimination charge if they were to deny you service or give you any flack about it.<p>That doesn't seem right to me.<p>JohnS<br>
Old 12-03-1998, 01:36 PM
RobS

Default So, if you get bad service what do you suggest........

Giving the surveyor a no response answer and calling AOA? Man, I would be scared to give a bad response for fear of my name coming up. Not that I need to. How would you handle bad service John if you were not as familiar with the dealership as you are. Just curious, and this seems to be a hot topic
Old 12-03-1998, 03:15 PM
igor

Default It's a little naive to think this wouldn't get back to the dealer

AoA made this a matter of money, to make the dealers take it seriously. Sometimes TOO seriously, when it backfires like this. When you bought the car, didn't the salesperson drill you on the appropriate phone response to the buying survey? Mine made it quite clear that $$$ were at stake if every answer wasn't perfect.<p>If you call AoA again and tell them what has happened, what do you think they will do? Call the dealer again, of course! You better quit on this one while you're behind, and consider going to another dealer for a while.<br>
Old 12-03-1998, 03:22 PM
Oscar

Re: The reason for this IS to make sure you will be happy with their service, not for the dealership to red flag you
Old 12-03-1998, 06:24 PM
Guido

Crap, put the horse head in the wrong trunk!
Old 12-03-1998, 07:49 PM
JIM H.

VK:Every dealer gets EVERY survey back (sales and service) within thirty days.nt
Old 12-03-1998, 07:53 PM
JIM H.

Think when you are answering a survey: the surveyor is surveying your treatment by the DEALER - NOT a recurring problem with the CAR that your dealer is making a CONCERTED EFFORT to fix, if that's the case.nt
Old 12-03-1998, 09:31 PM
Pratap

Default Re: AOA response??

Hi,<p>I understand getting into a car problem twice with in 15k is very disappointing and something that none of us would expect our A4 to go into.<p>Was AOA's response of any use in this regard? Do they take it into serious consideration??<p>- pratap