A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

APR ECMS options?? any comments

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2000, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR ECMS options?? any comments

I ordered my APR chip last week and im finally only recieving it from apr this thrusday and just can't wait any longer?? will my car performe better then i think it will?? I paid 1400 with shipping and the spare ecu.. i also get the three modes stock mode, valet mode, and peformance mode. The Valey mode lets me drive the car only reving up to 4 rpms, and a top speed of 30 MPH. Has anyone used this feature yet?? it is controll through the cruise controll buttons and im just wondering how you acually switch modes.. if you read information on apr's web site (www.goapr.com) it tells you all about it.. so, so far i have apr v3 chip, a k&n and what else do i need besides exhaust and what can i get that won't viod my warranty ???<p>A41.8tqtip sport
Old 08-30-2000, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have EMCS...it's nice and very simple...

The cruise control has to be on. Then you just hold the set button down. As you hold this button, the check engine light will eventually start flashing. This happens after holding the button for about 5 seconds. First it will flash a single time for 5 repetitions, then it will double flash for 5 repetitions, and then triple flashes. It can have up to 4 programs, so up to quadrouple flashes. It is very obvious to see what program you are in. Just release the set button when you find the program you want. I.e., release the set button when the check engine light starts double flashing for program 2. In my car I only have 2 programs, so after 5 repetitions af single flashes, it will just double flash until I release the set button. So I'd have to start over to go back to program one. I hope this helps.

As far as mods go, it's up to you. You could do an induction kit, a lot of people like them. Although when I talked with Brett and Stephen of APR, they didn't think there was very much to gain from them. They said the factory air box wasn't very restrictive and that the S4 that they race just has the factory air box. Cone filters sound pretty cool though.

Ray Khan
APR exhaust
APR V.3 EMCS<p>rakha
Old 08-30-2000, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: I have EMCS...it's nice and very simple...

won't cone filters viod warranty.. i heard that there not recommended?

thanks anyway<p>A41.8tqtip sport
Old 08-30-2000, 05:55 AM

Default Couple of questions for you...

What year is your car?

How do you like the quality of the APR exhaust? How loud is it?

What kind of hp/torque do you think you are getting?

How is your mileage with the APR chip/exhaust?