A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

APR support (or lack thereof)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 12:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR support (or lack thereof)

I recently bought a used APR stage 3 kit for my A4 along with an older model APR exhaust.

I called up APR and they charged me a few bucks to transfer the warranty into my name but here's what I'm kind of disapointed about:

1) The exhaust does not fit correctly. It is just fabbed wrong and doesn't bolt up. If i'm being charged to transfer my warranty does that only cover the turbo kit and not the exhaust? Apparently they don't back their exhausts. I called and spoke with a fellow named Chris who was very helpful and wanted to take care of me. He was going to do some looking and get back with me on what he could do. I have since tried calling him back a couple of times, left messages, etc...with no call backwhatsoever. This was over a month ago.

2) I have been trying to get on the stage 3 forum so I can talk intelligently with other stage 3 owners. I have sent a couple of e-mails to mr palisoc along with a couple of e-mails to APR themself to get me authorized to use the forum. So far no response, again this has been over a month.

Is this the type of support that APR lacks? Is it because I didn't buy the kit and exhuast directly from them that they could care less about me and my APR products? They don't seem to have any problem charging me for warranty transfers and chip burners and ECU replacements but that obviously doesn't buy any kind of support.

-Brent
Old 12-14-2002, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a good exhuast shop can make the exhaust fit well...

and as far as the version 1 exhausts with fit issues go, APR took those back as far as I know. I have one of them adn a friend of mine has another one. We both had ours installed by shops who could modify them to fit right.

Their customer service is usually pretty good. They have always promptly returned my calls and worked with me over the phone when I needed help. My question is this....are you still saving money with a used kit after paying for software, EMCS, warranty and whatever else you are paying for? It would have to be a hell of a savings to me to buy a used turbo kit if it wasn't exactly for my year car. I would rather spend a few extra bucks to buy a new kit and have less headaches. I usually consider about 60% of the origianl price as a good used parts price. That is assuming I don't need to invest anything else into the part to make it usable.

my suggestion is to ditch the warranty and save the $$$. It's only a one year warranty right? Why pay for just a year warranty. If you are willing to take a chance on a used kit, then skip the warranty unless it's only like $100 or something cheap. As for the exhaust, ask them what they were doing for the people who had fit issues from the beginning. But if you are having it installed by a shop anyway, I'm sure they can make it fit. For mine it took welding an o clam to the hanger to pull the exhaust towards the middle of the car so the resonator wasn't hitting against anything.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default exhaust place I went to said they don't do work on stainless

the turbo kit was not used, it was brand new in the box never been installed. It is for exactly the same model/yr of car that I have.
Old 12-14-2002, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ok...that makes more sense

is the exhaust shop a custom shop? My shop had no problem messing with mine. I'd either try a diffrent shop or sell the exhaust and get a new one. If you want APR, I'm sure the V2 exhaust will be on sale again at the end of the holiday sale. They typically have every sale itme on sale again at the end. Strange you have to pay to transfer the warranty on something never used. I hoep it's not much and they realize it's a brand new kit.
Old 12-14-2002, 02:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default still gives me the same message....

"Your account has been created. However, this forum requires account activation by the administrator. An email has been sent to them and you will be informed when your account has been activated"

Same thing I got a month ago and never got a response on.
Old 12-14-2002, 02:49 PM

Default Shoot me an email to the addy listed in this post.

I'll see what I can do to shake the tree. Be sure to include your real name.
Is the exhaust unused as well?
Old 12-14-2002, 03:28 PM

Default I am not sure who you have been

speaking with but I assure you we put forth every effort to bend over backwards to our thousands of customers. We want each and every customer to feel special.

Please give APR a call on Monday and ask for me personally. I will make sure you are fully cared for.

Thanks,

Stephen/President APR
1-800-680-7921<ul><li><a href="http://www.goapr.com">http://www.goapr.com</a</li></ul>
Old 12-14-2002, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I am hoping to have a good reason to call in next week as well :&gt
Old 12-14-2002, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I am not sure who you have been

Chris was the guy I was dealing with before who was going to see about either giving me an upgrdade price to a new system or getting the people that fabbed the exhaust to honor a replacement. You might want to check with him to see if he might have already come up with something.

I will call on Monday.
Old 12-14-2002, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Yes the exhaust *was* unused

It's currently clunking around on my car. I've been holding off on selling my old borla untill I can figure out if I need to send the APR exhaust back to them or not. The borla fit perfectly

Quick Reply: APR support (or lack thereof)