A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

ATP GTRS for $1399!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That just shows APR doesnt support our MY's as well as the other MY's...

Our cars are much less expensive then the others you mentioned so they should be easy to procure. I dont really get your point and dont see how this has anything to do with the rebuttal of TmS4. Either way the kit is overpriced and they shouldnt have sold a product they could not provide. Especially since there was no fine print on their site disclaiming that they dont have tuning for your car and informing that you will have to send it to Alabama for tuning. How long did they hold onto BLKPERL's money before providing a product?

--dillon
Old 07-25-2006, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My experience

They didn't charge me till car was completed. They included some free parts(not to be named) and a big discount on the kit

IMO APR, DahlBack, and PES have the best off the shelf big turbo kits(software & hardware) on the market.

APR does not have all MY cars in their possession(Neither does Dahlback or PES:they have cars sent to them), but they do dyno & run their kits & chips on the correct MY.

ATP only makes hardware kits, no software

You can't compare an off-the-shelf kit to a homebrew with custom tuning
Old 07-25-2006, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I agree to the homebrew comment.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:00 AM

Default The FACT is that you used an example of two different MY cars to paint a picture of most cars

needing transport to Alabama for tuning. The FACT is that any B5 can get APR 3+ software 'over-the-counter'. The nDBW was done using a 'local' customer's car.

We go through this bull**** every time a tuner developes a desired component that fits only a more current model. Why do you think we B5ers are so special as to deserve a company focusing on us as opposed to a more lucrative current platform? You see Audi offering chassis 'kits' to retrofit B5s with improvements made to the B6 and/or B7?

The fact that the B5s are so cheap is more likely to mean a plethora of immature, I spent all my cash on tunes and pretty parts, broke assed 16 & 17 year-olds are buying them. Spend a liitle time reading the Vortex to get an idea where the B5s are headed.

From what I read on the DBW cars ... only cars that had visited a shop (notably Tony) for custom tune ran worth a **** on the Mica or Unitronics software. If that is no longer the case it was the case when BLKPERL made his decision.

Is APR too expensive ... that is an individual decision. Some folks will feel as you do ... that they'd rather run a kit they've amassed than spend the money APR commands. Others would rather spend the money for the APR kit and not worry about piecing together a system. Some folks would rather pay a shop to do a timing belt replacement. Others would prefer to do the work themselves.

As to BLKPERL having paid for his kit long before it was delivered ... I have made many purchases from APR as well as many other shops that advertise here (AW) and I have NEVER had my card actually run before an item was shipped. If BLKPERL did and he was uncomfortable with the situation he ought to have contacted either APR or his cc company and demanded a refund. Mail order law is very strict and very tilted toward the consumer when it comes to the delta between payment and shipment dates.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

well thank you everyone for getting this thread completely off topic...
Old 07-25-2006, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the simple FACT is this...

Audi is a German company
Old 07-25-2006, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default you might not but it is the #1 selling point of the kit.....

if you re going too try and save money and still buy a manifold why didn't buy a t3 manifold and a t3-t4 turbo for less than the atp turbo and end up with a turbo with a turbine housing that can flow well and is not of questionable oragin.

Have you dyno your car, how much hp per psi does it make vs. the apr kit? what does your a/f look like? does it run oem smoothe?

Keep in mind with the new injecters on 93 oct the apr kit really makes more like 375 fw hp.

How is the fitment of your ATP stuff? is the turbo intake hose nice and smooth flowing with out any hard turns or restrictions?

and last but not least it is a good idea you built your block because who knows what might happen with the atp software.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default thank you for offering proven product at such great prices....

and the oem quality software for those turbos is really the iceing on the cake.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default wow, and I thought I sucked at teh engrish!!!!!

you make me look like a scholar!!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Are you off your soap box yet?

Im laughing all the way to the bank.

--dillon

Quick Reply: ATP GTRS for $1399!