A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

attempted theft of foglights - has this happened to anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2000, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attempted theft of foglights - has this happened to anyone?

Sorry for the duplicate message but no one responded earlier. I just wanted to try again and see if anyone knows anything about this. Sorry again for wasting the time of those who already saw this earlier.

I woke up yesterday morning and noticed that someone tried to steal the foglights on my 99.5 A4 last night. My car is parked on the street so I have to deal with fools like these.

Fortunately, they were unsuccessful and were only able to rip off the small plastic grill that surrounds the right foglight. They took the grill and broke the grips that hold it in place. Since the grips are part of the foglight housing, I'm going to have to replace the foglight housing also. Does anyone have an idea if I have to replace the whole foglight assembly or can the housing itself be replaced? Also, how much is a replacement for that small plastic grill? Should I go to an Audi dealer to get this thing fixed?

For now, I glued the plastic around the foglight down to the parts were they should be attached so that the foglight isn't loose. If anyone ask, I'll tell them that I installed an intake and need that hole to get more air like some ricerockets. =)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.
Old 11-13-2000, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The frill is about $15...

I just got one from clairparts.com as a backup for my airbox/inlet mod. I suspect the plastic facia around the fog is a separate part too. Contact Barry at Clair - baz@clair.com - and he can help you with both.