A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Attend a Special A4 Event! February 20, 1999.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-1999, 10:37 AM
Chicago A4 Club

Default Attend a Special A4 Event! February 20, 1999.

Three of the most A4 active clubs in the U.S. (NorCal, SoCal, Chicago) have been fielding questions as to vendor involvement, product availability, etc. for many months now.<p>The following is a club meeting bulletin. You do NOT need to be a member to attend this event, and you do not need to have your A4 to attend this event. There is no fee, no obligation, no $100 cash back offer, no waiting list requiring a deposit. It's pretty simple compared to some of the offers on the forum. You show up, you have a good time.<p>It's time to do something about it, and clubs need YOUR help and attendance. If an area club holds a Mega Event and you're able to come, you'll definitely learn something.<p>Main Event (Coming Summer 1999):<br>The Northern California will sponsor a Mega Event this summer, using the idea on a larger scale.<br>-FEATURED REPRESENTATIVES-<br>1) Neuspeed/APS (Camarillo CA)<br>2) New Dimensions (Santa Clara CA)<br>3) Greedspeed (near Camarillo CA)<br>4) Motorsport One (Mt View CA)<br>5) Precision Car Stereo (Mt View CA)<br>6) Ronal Wheels USA (Huntington Beach CA)<br>& More<br>-FEATURED VEHICLES-<br>1) ???<p>Preliminary Event (February 20, 1999):<br>The Chicago A4 Club will hold an event to test this meeting format on February 20, 1999.<br>-FEATURED REPRESENTATIVES-<br>1) Northstar Motorsports (Barrington IL)<br>2) Vortrag Motorsports (Detroit MI)<br>3) Dynaudio North America (Bensenville IL)<br>4) Autobahn International Motorsports (Hillsboro, OR)<br>5) Wetterauer North America (Valparasio IN) - Tentative<br>6) Hoppen/MTM US - Vendor as Representative<br>& More<br>-FEATURED VEHICLES-<br>1) Red A!A4 2.8QM (Detroit MI)<br>2) White A!A4 1.8TQ (Chicago IL)<br>3) White Porsche 993 RSR Competition (Barrington IL)<br>4) White Porsche 993 R GT2 (Barrington IL)<br>& More<p>If fifty new people show up at the Chicago A4 Club Event who aren't club members and are awaiting delivery on their A4's, that's great. If they walk into Champs and order some bar food and talk about cars, that's great. If they walk in and say in unison, "We drove from the other end of Earth to finally see Cathleen's car in person," that's great too.<p>The Chicago A4 Club is holding the first major Midwest club info event of the year. If you are in the Midwest and you're at all interested in A4 performance tuning, stereo enhancement, purchasing issues, or nearly anything else the A4 and its aftermarket offers to the buyer, this is the meeting for you.<p>* The Meeting, Pre Event:<br>Some members (Marianthi, DavidP, Chris K, etc.) participated in the brief discussion of Recaro seats at the last meeting. I've coordinated with a vendor for a short meeting on seats and harnesses for the A4.<p>At 12:30PM, a meeting will be held at Northstar Motorsports in Barrington, Illinois. Those people interested in Recaro seats, Momo accessories, and other performance accessories should attend. The car currently in the showroom is a Porsche 993 RSR Comp with 17 miles on the odometer. Be on time, please, as the main location for the event is 30-40 minutes away from this location and if you are late you will miss the caravan to Champs.<p>Northstar Motorsports is located at 28144 West Industrial Avenue, Suite 108. To get there, take Northwest Highway to Pepper Rd. and turn right. Once on Pepper, take the second right, this is Commercial though it may or may not be marked. Northstar is in the second building on the left. The Recaro SRD and Recaro Pole Position will be in the showroom, along with seats from other vendors. If you want something beyond the factory sport seat, this is the place to go.<p>* The Meeting, Main Event:<br>The group that elected to attend the Pre Event departs Northstar Motorsports at 1:20PM and arrive at Champs Sports Bar shortly before 2:00PM depending on traffic.<p>Others not attending the Northstar Motorsports Pre Event should come to Champs Sports Bar & Grill at 2:00PM.<p>Two tuning Vortrag cars will be shown mid-tune. One is a Laser Red 1996 A4 2.8 Quattro (Cathleen from the Great Lakes Club). One is a Casablanca White 1997 A4 1.8T Quattro (Karl from the Chicago Club). The tuner, Vortrag Motorsports, will have a representative on site to answer questions about upgrade paths and modification. Have you ever wondered how those "stages" are each balanced systems to run at full throttle? Maybe some aren't. Maybe you should find out why. Vortrag Motorsports is a distributor of MTM parts, builder of Audi GT2 cars, and A4 tuner, among other things. The candle that burns twice as bright doesn't have to burn half as long.<br>(info@vortrag.com)<p>A representative from Dynaudio will talk about Dynaudio's past projects (Volvo C70, BMW 3-Series, etc.) including stereo setup in sporting sedans and coupes and the possibility of a future A4 Dynaudio Project Car. Questions about gear quality, choosing logical component sets, and other audio issues will be addressed. If you've been posting about audio gear for awhile now and you think no one's been reading your posts, you're wrong. If you've been to a local club meeting and there aren't enough audiophiles there, this is your chance to attend a meeting and change that. If you've never discussed audio in a club environment, now's the time to disprove everything you've heard about free advice.<br>(http://www.dynaudiona.com/)<p>Interested in getting an A4? A representative from a Chicago dealership will be on-hand to answer your questions about ordering an A4. With more than thirty club-registered A4's, covering each engine and almost every option combination, sharing buyer experiences within the club is helpful. But the purchasing process doesn't begin and end in the showroom for many A4 owners. With air dams, spoilers, composite hoods, skirts, A! valences, touring roll cages, aftermarket mirrors, special-ordered cars, aftermarket lighting assemblies, Euro touches, and custom suspension setups, the range of aftermarket parts available should prove better than most online catalogs -- though February Chicago weather will probably be less than perfect (compared to the Californian photography of the LLtek catalog, at least). Also, a representative from Autobahn International Motorsports (www.autobahnint.com) may be present to give aftermarket product advice. If you're like many and are hesitant to buy without seeing a color or modification in person, come and have a hands-on experience.<p>When you come to this meeting of the Chicago A4 Club, you will leave having learned new things, with ideas you might not have had otherwise, having met people who you wouldn't have met otherwise -- and that's what it's about when you get down to it.<p>If you're not in the Midwest, I'd encourage you to get involved with your local club if you aren't already. If you're not interested, thanks for reading this far, and I wish you luck with your future A4 experiences. If you're interested, all the information you should need is below.<p>Champs Sports Bar and Grill is located in Morton Grove on Waukegan. Take Dempster to Waukegan and turn North, it will be on your right side.<br>Date: Saturday 2/20/99<br>Time, Main Event: 2:00PMCST<br>Phone (Bar): 581-1888 (847)<br>Additional Directions Needed?: Post in Response or (ChicagoA4@aol.com)<br>Want in on club communications?: Join "ChicagoA4" group at "onelist.com"<br>Problems joining the onelist.com listing?: See related post in "Other Models Forum"<p>Lastly, thanks to Jason Teller, Matt Daniels, and everyone else who's contributed -- in one way or another -- to making this an open forum to A4 enthusiasts and A4 clubs around the world.<p>Chicago A4 Club
Old 02-08-1999, 10:57 AM
Chris

Default how far is that from VA?

Man that sounds AWESOME!! I would drive up from Northern Va. if it isn't too far and I could get more detailed directions and stuff. I used to drive like 12 hours to go to stereo competitions for IASCA, Ihaven't done that in a while so this sounds GREAT. Please let me know ASAP soI can take off from work for a day of travel! Thanks.
Old 02-08-1999, 11:24 AM
Chicago A4 Club

Default It's a 10-11 hour drive probably, more info inside.

You don't indicate which city you're in, but I'll guess Richmond figuring you can plan from there.<p>Go West on I-64 WEST to I-95 NORTH (Exit 187) 3.2 miles (5.1 km)<p>Go North on I-95 NORTH towards Springfield, VA to I-495 (Exit 170B) 90.9 miles (146.3 km)<p>Go North on I-495 passing by Tyson's Corner, VA to Maryland. 14.1 miles (22.7 km)<p>Go North on I-495 NORTH to I-270 NORTH (Exit 8) 4.0 miles (6.4 km)<p>Go North on I-270 NORTH passing by Rockville, MD to I-70 WEST (Exit 32) 31.3 miles (50.4 km)<p>Go West on I-70 WEST passing by Hagerstown, MD to <br>Pennsylvania 52.5 miles (84.5 km)<p>Go West on I-70 WEST (Portions toll) to I-76 WEST.111.5 miles (179.4 km)<p>Go West on I-76 WEST (Portions toll) to Ohio 76.9 miles (123.7 km)<p>Go West on I-76 WEST (Portions toll) passing by Youngstown OH to I-80 WEST (Exit 15) 23.1 miles (37.2 km)<p>Go West on I-80 WEST (Portions toll) passing by Cleveland, OH to Indiana 222.9 miles (358.6 km)<p>Go West on I-80 WEST (Portions toll) passing by Elkhart, IN to I-90 WEST 134.3 miles (216.1 km)<p>Go West on I-90 WEST (Portions toll) to Illinois 21.0 miles (33.8 km)<p>Go West on I-90 WEST (Portions toll) passing by Chicago, IL to I-94 WEST 23.8 miles (38.3 km)<p>Go West on I-94 WEST 6.3 miles (10.1 km)<p>You want to stay on the Kennedy (90-94) until it becomes the Edens expressway, if you stay on the Edens, there's a Dempster exit Westbound. Off the Dempster exit, go West until you hit Waukegan Rd. Then turn right and Champs is on the right hand side of the road after you've gone 500 to 1000 feet on Waukegan Rd.<p>Ask on the forum if you need more info, or email. We'd love to have you at the meeting.