A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

ATTENTION:NEW FORUM ABBREVIATION...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-1998, 05:19 AM
JIM H.

Default ATTENTION:NEW FORUM ABBREVIATION...

Okay, folks, I'm going to try something new: YGBFKM This will, from this day forward, stand for<br>"You Gotta Be F*#%ing Kiddin' Me" on the forum. If you bitch about the FREE wheels your dealer lends you for the day, if you put 285/30-19 tires w/19" rims on your A4, and then take it through a car wash, if you buy a 5speed A4, and decide two months later that you and your brother-in-law, the tech school assistant instructor, are going to find a junkyard Tip trans. and do the swap, if you jump on the forum and bitch about your otherwise knowledgable, professional Audi career person having the ***** to expect to actually earn a modest living for entertaining you, informing you, letting you test-drive six different A4 variations over a two-week period, convincing your PARENTS what a great, safe car this is etc.,etc.,etc. then you will be subject to immediate and embarassing YGBFKM !!!<p>You have been warned.
Old 12-13-1998, 06:08 AM
MarkG

Default Constructive posts only ...

Any input is welcome if it's constructive. This type of post attacking other people really has no place here. Also, YGBFKM has implied profanity and should not be allowed. Like it or not, you have chosen to represent Audi by stating that you are an Audi saleman and you should be accountable. You have some valuable insight, just keep it positive and non-personal.<p>Mark (98.5 2.8 QMS)<br>
Old 12-13-1998, 06:37 AM
Eric E

Default You're only embarrassing yourself

<br>Now I know why you used this abbreviation twice in your post above. I'm sure you're very proud of yourself.<p>Maybe you're striking a nerve with me, but I don't understand dealers being pissed off at having to sell cars. OK, so some people might take 6 test drives, although I doubt that happens much.<p>I took one test drive; the total amount of time my dealer spent selling me the car was maybe 30 minutes. Since I paid him $1700 over invoice (we agreed to $1500, but he slipped in another $200 for dealer prep and doc fee--you know the drill. I could have argued, but didn't). So, that works out to $3400 an hour. Not bad.<p>Even if someone does take 6 test drives, that's still good money for the dealership. Do you really think people should spend $30K like they were buying a pair of shoes?<br>
Old 12-13-1998, 08:10 AM
Josh

The dealer-car-loan thing is a legitimate issue; even with an $80K A8 Bell gives Enterprise cars...
Old 12-13-1998, 08:40 AM
MikeW.

JimH. - How about an answer to EricE.s post? Seems like a good questions.
Old 12-13-1998, 08:59 AM
JIM H.

Eric: Prob.#1 - faulty math $3400./hr.,Prob.#2 - I SAID expecting the guy you choose to buy from to not make a MODEST LIVING while doing all those things;of course you should expect to drive,of course it ain't a pair of shoes.nt
Old 12-13-1998, 09:03 AM
JIM H.

Are you saying that the dealer should, or should not, use Enterprise?nt
Old 12-13-1998, 09:19 AM
Raja

Default This is very insulting

I guess I was mistaken. I thought this was a forum where a4 owners could gather to seek information, about their cars. I had no idea that it was limited to people who pass the "ok to post" limitations. Someone goes out and buys a brand new Audi. Not the most expensive car out there, but certainly not cheap, particularly if you are in College or Grad school as some of us are. This is my first turbocharged vehicle, and the first vehicle that I am dedicated to servicing and ensuring that it runs as new as it should the day I bought and ten years later. I had thought I could come here with my "novice" questions and seek help from those willing to provide it, but after seeing this post, I think my a4.org days are done. Too bad, because many members here have been very helpful. But to see this kind of ignorance come from a fellow A4 is truly amazing and completely disappointing. Peace everyone, I'm sure some of you won't miss me, but then I guess my reply would be YGBFKM......
Old 12-13-1998, 09:46 AM
Shazzam

Default Wait a minute,Jim!

Are you saying that just because I told everyone I know not to go to your dealership because you guys wouldn't replace my blown-out clutch on my <br>chipped, nitrous'd, supercharged 2.8 30V Streetfighter, does that make me subject to your <br>thinly disguised profanity? Sounds like just sour grapes to me.
Old 12-13-1998, 10:24 AM
Potsie

Hey Raj: GFY

Quick Reply: ATTENTION:NEW FORUM ABBREVIATION...