A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Audi A4 mTm stage 3 performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A4 mTm stage 3 performance

Hi,

I am running an mTm stage 3 kit and I was wondering if someone can tell me if my carâ€<sup>TM</sup>s performance is up to what a stage 3 mTm kit should give.

My car is a Audi A4 1998TQ B5 AEB.

The kit contains:

Milltek Exhausts w/downpipe
WRC race kat
Alu dump valve
K04 turbo
mTm software level 3
OptiFlow Airfilter w/extra heat reflector
Some drilled hole to get more flow to stock intercooler.
Bosh Spark Plugs.

This should probably give 240hp but I am not sure if this is the case.
When the kit was installed they told me that I donâ€<sup>TM</sup>t need a Bosh 5 bar FPR. I donâ€<sup>TM</sup>t know why but all mTm stage 3 kits I find includes this FPR.
They did a test on my car to find out how much hp I got and the print says 226 hp when engine is hot. They told me that the readout from first and second test shows about 238 hp but after 15-16 tests it was down to 226hp and that this was normal. (The test was done inside with a temperature of 25C).

1) Is this performance correct compared to other mTm, stage 3 using 5 bar FPR?
2) Can I install a 5 bar FPR to get more power?
3) Someone told me to install a Front Mounted Intercooler to get more power. Is there anyone that has any experience with this upgrade?

Here is the print out from test 15 and 16:
hxxp://sofus.no-ip.com:81/audi/mTm_3_HK-Moment_org.jpg

Here is a test I did in 3 gear from 80-120 km/h (48-72mph). Should be like 3,6 sec.
hxxp://sofus.no-ip.com:81/audi/mTm3-80-120.wmv
(Speed is great up to 100km/h (60mph) but after this itâ€<sup>TM</sup>s start to go slow. or?)

I donâ€<sup>TM</sup>t have anything to compare it too so if any one with a k04 installed got some other result it would be great to know.

Ps! If I should install a 5 bar FPR, does this one fit?
hxxp://www.bosch-motorsport.de/de/aktuatoren/pdf/fuel_pressure_regulators/mini50.pdf
Old 08-24-2005, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Who is "they"?

Where'd you buy the kit? New, used? Who told you the 5bar FPR wasn't necessary.....MTM, Hoppen, the shop you had install the kit? Are you in the US or overseas? Might help to include these details...

MTM Stage3 kits are pretty rare, so you may not get much of a response. Have you contacted Joe Hoppen directly?

Andy
Old 08-24-2005, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default im assuming the hp you put in there is corrected to be crank hp not wheel....

if you are getting 238 crank hp on a 25 deg C (77 deg F) that seems to be right if the kit is supposed to be 240 hp, you are going to have lower numbers on the later pulls because of heat soak in the intercooler.
as for the 5 bar FPR, i have no idea, maybe try contacting MTM, or maybe somone on here with the kit will tell you, i think "PAT" (thats his handle) has it, and one other person, jet-somthing maybe? i think he has a B6 now?
Old 08-24-2005, 07:48 AM

Default MTM Stage 3 HP

I have the MTM stage 3 kit with what sounds like a fairly similar setup as you. I purchased my car with the setup in place and all the work was completed at the dealership here in Markham, Ont. I have the dyno results which show a peak horsepower of 242. I can't answer any of the part specific questions.

So I guess that number is attainable with the kit. Lately however I've been doubting that my cars pulling that much.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Mr Mc Feely

FYI if you use word to spell check, re type the apostrophes in your message before you post
AudiWorld Super User

FMIC will help
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yep, I'm right here

Yes, you should have the Bosch Motorsport 5 Bar FPR. You'll run lean without it. That could damage your engine, and will definitely decrease performance. See the attached link for all things you need for the system to run correctly.
Also, the stock IC gets heat soaked easily. A FMIC will make a significant difference, as will a ported/polished exhaust manifold. With all that I put nearly 200 hp to the ground through quattro, and nearly 250 foot pounds of torque.
You should have 240 hp at the crank.<ul><li><a href="http://hoppenmotorsport.com/a4stage3_1.htm">http://hoppenmotorsport.com/a4stage3_1.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 08-24-2005, 10:02 AM

Default HOLD ON... You're from Markham (more inside)

How come you never post on the Candian Forums?

The GTA Audi group has regular meetings &amp; events.

Also, none of us were aware of any K04'd B5's running around the GTA.

What dealership did the work for you?
There are a bunch of us Audi guys here in Markham you should hook up with us one night.

I am actually considering going K04 and have been trying to find one to get a ride in for almost a year now.

Please come on over and post in the Canadian forums!

Regards,
Andre
Old 08-24-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Who is "they"?

â€oeThey” are the one that installed the kit on my car and told me that I did not need a 5 bar FPR. It is a company called FMS and they are authorised mTm dealer located in Norway, Europe.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Re: HOLD ON... You're from Markham (more inside)

Sorry, but I live in Norway Europe. You muse be confusing me with someone else.
But thanks for the invitation

Quick Reply: Audi A4 mTm stage 3 performance