A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Audi A4 sucking exhaust from Nissan and Volvo.........

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-1999, 06:23 PM
T-MaN

Default Audi A4 sucking exhaust from Nissan and Volvo.........

Hey,<p>Yeah, it may be supertouring and we don't on a daily basis drive anything nearly as complex, but in the 1998 Bathurst 1000 (just aired tonite on Speed Vision), the Audi was toasted by the better Volvo S40 and the Nissan Primera. The A4 raced was a quattro which was suffering from a "fatness" problem. <p>Yeah, and before anyone goes all hairy, yes the weather was more favourable for the Volvo and the Nissan then the heavier pig of an Audi with quattro. Anyway, the A4 was beaten very convincingly. Time for a new car I say.<p>Irregardless, the track at Bathurst just has to be one of my personnal favs. They did some awesome shots from the A4 blasting through the curves and then flying down the straight at 260 km/h. I wept tears watching this!!! If I just wasn't such an old bastard, I wish I could get into professional racing like this. Alas, it was just not ment to be. However, I do sit at the edge of my seat watching these guys fly...... dreaming of what could have been.<p><br>Diaries of a Couch Potatoe Racer<br>
Old 04-03-1999, 06:46 PM
Dan Quayle

See, I'm not the only one!!!!!! &quot;Irregardless&quot;
Old 04-03-1999, 06:53 PM
JIM H.

Seek the professional help you so desperately need!(or,at least,get a girlfriend!)nt
Old 04-03-1999, 09:55 PM
bwarren

Default Re: Audi A4 sucking exhaust from Nissan and Volvo.........

T-man, I watched the same race and yes the track is fab. Sorry the "fat Pig finished 3rd overall. If I do recall the A4 recently placed first infront of both the S40 and the Nissan. So what happens next week when a Citreon and a Puegot place ahead of an A4 S40 and Nissan???<p>If you are so unimpressed with the A4...go visit elsewhere, perhaps www.chevy.com maybe since Jeff Gordon wins all the time you can picture a Lumina in your driveway.
Old 04-03-1999, 11:08 PM
Brad Willis

Default Thanks for your comments, "Potatoe" Head!...

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat too, dreaming that you would learn to spell and use proper English.<ul><li><a href="http://www.xmission.com/~mwalker/DQ/quayle/qq/hall.of.fame.html">Here's some quotes from your mentor...</a></li></ul>
Old 04-04-1999, 04:52 AM
T-MaN

Default Crap!!! Much More

Hey....<p>Someone says that the A4 was beaten and you take personnal pot shots at them. How shallow are "your" lives??? You all suck warm hinny wind from my butt. Get a grip on yourselves. This has been an ongoing problem I see with this page at times........ ******* feeling they have a right to get personnally insulting if someone doesn't agree 100% with "A4-ism". <p>SO HERE IT IS ---> THE A4 IS NOT THE BEST FRINKIN' ALL AROUND CAR ON THE PLANET UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. SEEK MENTAL HELP NOW IF YOU CANNOT DEAL WITH THIS FACT........<p>If you believe it is, then that's your opinion. But don't take the hammer to someone personnally who doesn't agree. This is about a car and not about your mother!! So why then the tendency to make it personnal?? That's nothing more then a sign of immaturity on your part.<p>In context, my statements about the A4 verses the other two manufacturers were right. I'll maybe agree that the wording may have been a little wonky....... but what do you expect for the wee hours of the morning with my eyes have shut!? Therefore, commenting on my english or anything else as trivial as that is completely stupid. Who cares. Is the position of the A4 in context with everything else so weak that it cannot take a little critism???<p>Some of you must be lawyers....... making up shyt and twisting it to suit your own position. To clearly state my position, nowhere have I stated that I am very "un-impressed" with the A4 as was responded by bwarren (??). For the record, it "is" a great car. But it is not perfect. Therefore, I do have the right to voice my opinion as such. It's just a real shame that any negative opinions are responded to with such moronic replies.<p>As for Quayle, he's your embarrassment, not mine. So I wouldn't get so excited about bringing up his failing. After all, YOU all put him there.......
Old 04-04-1999, 05:35 AM
DaveL

Default Hey guys, take it easy on T-MaN...

This whole forum is about sharing news, information and opinions about the Audi A4, which is excactly what T-MaN is doing.<p>It does not state anywhere on this site that spelling and grammar must be perfect. Would you rather have the Word 97 "paperclip guy" popping up to help us...I think not! Keep it clear, concise and understandable...that's all we need!<p>I is a college graduate! ;-)<p>Dave<br>
Old 04-04-1999, 06:31 AM
JoeR

Default Re: Crap!!! Much More

Actually, it doesn't look like there were a lot of people hitting on your description of an A4 getting beat. I think they were more concerned about what you actually meant. Like: what is a "hinny" and how do you take something "personnal?"
Old 04-04-1999, 08:22 AM
GusS

Default Toute la classe, suivez-moi: "Ci-tro-ën", "Peu-geot" :)