A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Audi B5 A4 reliability (and response to last time I posted)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi B5 A4 reliability (and response to last time I posted)

I've posted a few times about the reliability research I'm conducting. The support of this forum and its admin have been very helpful.

I just noticed that the last time around a few people objected to my posting here once every three weeks or so. Not the majority, I'm sure--those of you who had my back, thanks--but I should clarify my own perspective. Namely...

You spend a few minutes. I spend a few thousand hours. You get the results of all this work for free--not just on the A4, but on all other cars I have data on.

No other provider of reliability info offers this. They either charge you for access, or don't offer full access to car buyers.

The reason I post more than once is that many people didn't see the earlier threads.

Now for what I was initially going to say...

I've started reporting results for the 2002, 2006, and 2007 A4. I'd like to also have results for some years of the B5, but there aren't enough responses.

So more participants would clearly be helpful.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members receive full access to the results free of charge.<ul><li><a href="http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php">Vehicle reliability research - need more Audis</a></li></ul>
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Keeper of the Cash

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mabye it's because we do *not* expect a 11 year old car to be as reliable as a B6, 7, or 8

We own our cars because we have a different kind of passion for them that doesn't seem to matter what the cost of repair is. Just ask Imawesomes, A400, TighTT or any other of those guys. They've dumped more money into their cars to make them exactly what they want, no matter what.

My point is, you're lacking data from us becase we don't care about the cost reliability nearly as much as anyone else. Those that do, have left the forum.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Cash payment upfront will work WONDERS....as you already know..

You're running a business so you know the value of "free labor".

That is something I'm not willing to give to you.....only girlfriends.

and if she asks REALLY hard....... my mommy
Old 11-15-2007, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm boycotting until I see an audi on top of the page
Old 11-15-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Yeah didn't you and I tell him the same thing the last time he posted this?

I think after 8 years I know how reliable my cars is....
Old 11-15-2007, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Did I not spend enough to be on the list of spending to get just what I want Nate
Old 11-15-2007, 07:36 AM

Default How can you expect a 6-11 year old car to be reliable? Also, how can your data be reliable

unless you're expecting a B5er to submit the history of the car because my car at 102k miles may already have a lot of the maintenance (preventively) taken care of versus someone who buys a compariable used A4 with 80k on it that prior owner(s) didn't take care of and now the new ower has to do all of the repairs (between 80k-102k) while submitting those repairs into your data.

Thus, my car could look as if it's reliable and the other car would look as if it's not reliable, but yet we've done the same repairs between 0 and 102k miles.

My points is: your data is only reliable if the data starts from day 1 and 0 miles.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default it really easy actually. I have recieved 2 emails since i signed up, took maybe 5 mins to fill out

plus, its an AW member.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:38 AM

his payment appears to be free access to data of other cars.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Keeper of the Cash

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You sure did! Those are the names that came to me right away and who had saga's that never seemed

to end.

But yes, your's was pretty bad too. =)

Quick Reply: Audi B5 A4 reliability (and response to last time I posted)