A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

AUDI Care Program (Maintenance) Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default AUDI Care Program (Maintenance) Question

This question doesnt apply to A4's ofcourse but I couldnt find an appropriaite section for it so I thought I would ask here.

I signed most of the paperwork yesterday on an A4 2009 Prestige with 10K miles on it but I pushed the main contract aside until tomorrow for when I take delivery. The main contract has all the optional crap on it where the dealers work hard to try and sell you on

The AUDI Care Maintenance program is a $790option and apparently is similar to the BMW maintenance from what I hear. I usually do some maintenance myself, like oil, filter, tire rotation and have a mechanic do the other maintenance work I cannot do. Also, the The A4 is not a DD for me and in fact will be a recreational vehicle. I will probably put about 6K miles a year on the car. I also understand that the required AUDI Maintenance isnt just mileage sensitive but also time sensitive and I certainly dont want to risk VOIDING the remainder of the warranty. But I also thought the guy at AUDI was trying trying to pressure me into something that doesnt have the value. He told me that I couldnt get the AUDI quality maintenance care for less than $790 and actually tried using rather tactless tactics by questioning me why I would elect to do so

Considering all this, should I fork up the $790 for the next 3 years worth of AUDI maintenance? I dot mid doing so if there erally is value to it but what maintenance could possibly add up to essentially $800 over the next 3 years? Even the labor costs of 3 synthetic oil changes done by a mechanic wouldnt add up to more than $200 and as I said, I usually change my own oil

Your thoughts???
Old 10-10-2010, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
This question doesnt apply to A4's ofcourse but I couldnt find an appropriaite section for it so I thought I would ask here.

I signed most of the paperwork yesterday on an A4 2009 Prestige with 10K miles on it but I pushed the main contract aside until tomorrow for when I take delivery. The main contract has all the optional crap on it where the dealers work hard to try and sell you on

The AUDI Care Maintenance program is a $790option and apparently is similar to the BMW maintenance from what I hear. I usually do some maintenance myself, like oil, filter, tire rotation and have a mechanic do the other maintenance work I cannot do. Also, the The A4 is not a DD for me and in fact will be a recreational vehicle. I will probably put about 6K miles a year on the car. I also understand that the required AUDI Maintenance isnt just mileage sensitive but also time sensitive and I certainly dont want to risk VOIDING the remainder of the warranty. But I also thought the guy at AUDI was trying trying to pressure me into something that doesnt have the value. He told me that I couldnt get the AUDI quality maintenance care for less than $790 and actually tried using rather tactless tactics by questioning me why I would elect to do so

Considering all this, should I fork up the $790 for the next 3 years worth of AUDI maintenance? I dot mid doing so if there erally is value to it but what maintenance could possibly add up to essentially $800 over the next 3 years? Even the labor costs of 3 synthetic oil changes done by a mechanic wouldnt add up to more than $200 and as I said, I usually change my own oil

Your thoughts???
You just need proof that the maintenance work was done at the required mileages. Whether Audi would accept receipts for Oil and Filter if you DIY I don't know.

If you are only going to do 18K over the next 3 years, $790 is kind of a lot. Three synthetic oil changes at an independent shop should be less than $400.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiMick
You just need proof that the maintenance work was done at the required mileages. Whether Audi would accept receipts for Oil and Filter if you DIY I don't know.

If you are only going to do 18K over the next 3 years, $790 is kind of a lot. Three synthetic oil changes at an independent shop should be less than $400.
thats kind of what I thought. Thing is I have a tuner who does performance work on my corveete and his staff also does mechanical work on all models and it would be less than the dealer fees. I guess soemtimes its best to have records from a mechanic on these issues.

But if I had receipts of oil and oil filter purchase from, say, Discount auto parts then I would think they would have to accept that. No where do I see that AUDI requires some kind of ASE Certified mechanic to do oil changes, although, I will concede that sometiems you gotta play along and it would be wise to have paperwork from a legitimat car repair/maintenance business

But aside from oil, tire rotation, what other "time-sensitive" required maintanance is there? This guy at AUDI was saying Wiper blades, brake line checks, etc. If I am only putting 4-6K miles on the car and it is garaged, I am not going to change my blades like he was suggesting or worry about brake lines. Can AUDI Void warranties for crap like that or is this guy just using the typical scare tactics that he uses on customers?
Old 10-10-2010, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
But aside from oil, tire rotation, what other "time-sensitive" required maintanance is there? This guy at AUDI was saying Wiper blades, brake line checks, etc. If I am only putting 4-6K miles on the car and it is garaged, I am not going to change my blades like he was suggesting or worry about brake lines. Can AUDI Void warranties for crap like that or is this guy just using the typical scare tactics that he uses on customers?
No they can't.

Google

Magnuson Moss Warranty Act
Old 10-10-2010, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I thought the Moss magnason only applied to aftermarket alarms, radios etc. I remember when they implemented that act way back when and I also remember an azzhat dealership refusing warranty service on my corvette many many years ago because I had installed an aftermarket alrm and audio. To this very day I refuse to have service done there on my current corvette