A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Audi Client "Advocates"

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2000, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Client "Advocates"

I just called to speak to one of these at AoA about delivery delays so many of us are experiencing. Bottom line (nothing new here) is there's nothing AoA can do.

I asked, "What is it that you do do?" She said something about warranty issues, yadda yadda.

It's a damned shame, isn't it.<p>elnorte
Old 07-11-2000, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Audi Client "Advocates"

The young teenie boppers are all smiles and fun until you present a problem then they strike out at you, How dare you insinuate that we don't do a ggod job?"
Old 07-11-2000, 09:38 AM

Default EVERYONE SHOULD READ THE ABOVE RESPONSE FROM SOMEONE AT AoA

I'm 56 years old. And I'm not smiling or having any fun at the moment. Nor would you if your car was nearly one month overdue, according to the delivery date given to me by the dealer.<p>elnorte
Old 07-11-2000, 09:52 AM

Default Uhh .. I think it's safe to say that calmike doesn't work at AoA

Or doesn't any more if he/she did.

I do feel your pain. My car was a month or so late and the lack of information during these delays has been a frustration to many people on this board over the years. In the end I took matters into my own hands and called around local (and not so local) dealers until I found a car I with basically what I wanted. My dealer was happy to arrange the transfer and I've been very happy with the car (especially the Santorin Blue color which was not our original choice but which is gorgeous).

I hope it doesn't come to that with you, but it could be an option if you're really pressed for time (we were).

Good luck,
Philip M.
99.5 1.8tms (not the one I ordered)
Old 07-11-2000, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Delays...

Phillip I am glad finding an alternative worked out for you. The problem is Audi and the dealers know that x number of people will just plain throw in the towl and take something else instead of waiting. This is not operating in good faith to say the least. I know that my original tracking number that I was given does not match the car I ordered. It's possible that they were hoping I'd jump on the 2000 Santorin Blue with black interior that was placed right out in front on my second visit. My order is for a 2001 with Ecru interior. Unfortunately you can't expect these gueys to be saints, but you would hope that after locking in a sale and making you wait several months that they could at least give you accurate information.

I don't know exactly what the circumstances are that suround the delay of my order, but it does appear from other posts here that there are a fair number of people whose deliveries are way overdue. Possible explanations are:
- Audi can't possibly fill every dealers lot in the first week or two. So if you were lucky you ordered from a dealer whose initial orders came in on the first boat.
- It sounds like each dealer has an allotment of orders. If you ordered from a dealer with a small number allotted to them and they have exceeded that allotment that is going to push out the delivery of your order. If this and the previous case are true then you get to wait even more.
- AofA's stated policy to me of not intervening in a "sales" transaction even if the dealer or Audi are at fault or deliberately juggle your order (I have asked these questions of more than one AofA "teeny bopper", and their boiler plate answers are consistent and non-commital, anyone can call them up and ask them yourself 800-822-2834 ). This degree of not standing behind your product, would seem to invite "mistakes".
- In fairness to the dealers the information they get from Audi is probably not always accurate or timely either. That's why it would be nice if AofA and Audi would take the plunge and join the internet age, and enable those of us who are so inclinded to log onto Audi's site and track our orders and get real time status (Audi hire the guys that set up Fed Ex! Again we want it to be accurate).
- Finaly there are too many of us ordering A4's, any delays just start snowballing.

Still even if they can't meet demand, they can supply accurate information. Being told the wrong thing or nothing at all, just agravates an already agravating situation.