A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Audi Fraud Warning - Go Motors - Boulder, Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Go to the Dept of Motor Vehicles and complain to them

They are who monitors the dealers, whether they are full fledged dealers or used car lots. BTW, I have an auto salesman's license. Good luck.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep 2nd the news channel...that will bring immediate action from them...
Old 04-07-2004, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts

Any update on this??
Old 04-07-2004, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default complete and full denail by dealer...LONG

read if you wish:

Hello Matthew,

I have not ignored your problem. I have offered you a full refund if you feel the advertising is misleading. I have retraction letter from Cars.com stating that this ad was retracted and corrected. If you are not satisfied I again offer you a full refund. You have refused that option. The ad was not intended to mislead you. What you looking for? I cannot put a sport package in you car. It is impossible. The Xenon lights can be corrected but it was a mistake as I told you before.
In regards to your comments about the BBB they are incorrect. I do not know who gave you that information but what you are doing is slander. I will contact the state of Colorado myself and see what they think of your situation and forward them your email . I welcome any third party you want to bring to the table to get this resolved. They will certainly feel a full refund that you have been offered on several occasions as a fair resolution.
Thank you,

Gregory Kotsaftis
Go Motorcars Inc.
www.gomotorsco.com
Mobile phone (303) 588-1393
----- Original Message -----
To: greg@gomotorsco.com ; sales@gomotorsco.com ; steve@gomotorsco.com
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 9:35 AM
Subject: 01 Audi 1.8T

Mr. Kotsaftis, Mr. Armstrong -

I'm terribly disappointed you chose not to respond to my letter. You have again refused to answer my complaints, so I have gone elsewhere for help. I have contacted cars.com and received the online listing of my car, noted as having both xenon headlights and the OEM sport package for the VIN number on the Bill of Sale. I have filed complaints (including the letter and the listing) against you and Go Motors with the following Colorado news agencies:

The Denver Post

9 News Call to Action

Fox News Troubleshooter

7 News Call for Help

The Boulder Daily Camera

The Fort Collins Coloradoan

The Colorado Springs Gazette

EuroTuner Magazine (HQ in Boulder, CO)

You are currently under investigation for consumer fraud through the Denver Better Business Bureau. I have filed a formal claim against you as a licensed car dealer in the City of Lakewood.

I have posted my letter on the message board of the intranet of the North American headquarters of a Fortune 500 company, where 500+ suited buyers will now look elsewhere. It has also been posted on several vw/audi message boards, both national and local to warn other consumers of your unethical tactics (Rocky Mountain B5 Forum, AudiWorld, AudiWorld Rocky Mountain, AudiZine, Vortex, Vortex Rocky Mountain). Last weekend my dad picked up a 2002 Passat Wagon 4 Motion from a reputable VW dealership.

In my previous letter I told you I would spread the word about the treatment I received - Consumers have a right to know.

You still owe me $1500 or complete installation of Xenon lights, 16" wheels, sport springs and shocks. Several of the above agencies have already contacted me and offered their support in resolving this issue. I will pursue every avenue to recover what I am due.

Matthew Sallee
Old 04-07-2004, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sooo...

You're not going to take the "Full refund"??

I'd take the money, then continue to make their lives hell.

Good luck.

Andy
Old 04-07-2004, 07:41 PM

Default this is difficult

did you purchase the car sight unseen based completely off of the ad? or did you visually inspect it and sign for the vehicle itself or the statements in the ad on the bill of sale

I would say you have full right to receive compensation or instilation of xenon lights as stated in the ad as well as non visable (at time of inspection) components of the sports package such as the shocks and springs and sway bar etc. As you were informed that they were present and therefore should not have had reason to search for them on the vehicle.

my only concern would be asking for the 16" wheels. a used car with a sports package option may be traded in with a variety of wheels so I would say the wheel part will be tough to fight for unless you were informed differently by the dealer. for example while shopping for used A4's I came accross a 99' sport with 2000 non-sport wheels. If i purchased the car fully knowing it was a sport (based off the dealer telling me it was) then I would not think that I would be entitled to receive wheels that came stock on the car but were no longer present.

I do hope they give you everything, I hope it doesn't sound like I am fighting for the dealer. I'm all for you getting everything you want. Best of luck getting this straightened out. If it were me and I was dealing with this guy and his e-mail I would either accept the full buyback or a swap for a car with the options promised for no charge or take him to small claims court and bring a solid case with you.

best of luck

oh and btw whats slander here? stating opinion publically highly differs from slander. if he wants to prove slander he can do so in court while you sue him
Old 04-08-2004, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ohhh....I misunderstood.

I thought refund = $$ for the lights and sport pkg. But in fact, they're offering to buy the car back....gotcha. Yeah, that makes it a bit more difficult....I understand your quandry. :-/ Good luck.

Andy
Old 04-08-2004, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What have you done to it?

Any way to talk to the DMV about the tax situation? Did you pay the tax through the dealership as part of the transaction?

Or did you have to pay DMV separately when you registered the car?

If you paid the tax through the transaction, then they should refund that as well, if they are offering to buy the car back from you.

Truthfully, if you estimate their liability at $1500 because that is the approximate value of the options on a NEW car, I should think that you would be wise to offer a compromise -- perhaps split it.
While their ad was indeed incorrect & misleading, you should have taken more responsibility to make sure that the car had the options you are paying for. AW is a great resource, and you could have been more prepared to inspect the car if you had done your research.

If you take this to court, a judge would most likely offer a 50% settlement. Even with the aid of a TV show you might not do much better than that.

I think that you should try to get $750 from them -- and make it sound like you are doing them the favor -- offer to retract your BBB complaint.

After all, $750 will get you your HID upgrade and a factory sport suspension installed (purchased used from someone on AW.) Or you can put it towards an aftermarket suspension if you wish.

Good luck,
Peter
Old 04-08-2004, 06:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stand your ground buddy.

If they'll split it with you, take the the money for the missing items. I defenitely wouldn't let them buy it back.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Audi Fraud Warning - Go Motors - Boulder, Colorado

<b>MORE GO MOTORS DECEPTION</b> - Of the 23 Audis they advertise for sale today, 21 of them are purported to be "Certified One Owner Lease Returns from Audi Financial". Go Motors flagrant use of the term "Certified" in their advertising <A href="http://www.audiusa.com/certified_why/0,5777,100,00.html" target="_blank">(as in Audi's 'Official' 300+ point CPO inspection with additional warranty certification)</a> misleads one to think those Audis have <u><b>MUCH</b></u> more value and protection than is remotely true. <b>GO MOTORS' AUDIS ARE <u>NOT</u> CERTIFIED BY ANYBODY BUT GO MOTORS.</b> Plus, <u>ONLY</u> authorized Audi Dealers are permitted to purchase and transfer authentic "Audi Financial" lease returns and Go Motors is <b>NOT</b> an Audi dealer. Fact is, the authorized dealer (back East), who supplies them <i>also knows</i> that Go Motors' promotional tactics are very deceptive, so they are as guilty of jeopardizing Audi's Consumer Satisfaction Index as Go Motors is (very serious business!). Just follow the greedy trail to find Go Motors laughing all the way to the bank! <b>AN INVESTIGATION IS ALREADY UNDERWAY. Please add your complaints (call 800 822-2834) to stop Go Motors unethical practices, properly regulate their grey market source and help protect less aware Audi enthusiasts.</b><ul><li><a href="http://www.audiusa.com/customer_care_feedback/0,3819,,00.html">Please CLICK HERE to submit your complaint thru Audi's Customer Relations webpage also.</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: Audi Fraud Warning - Go Motors - Boulder, Colorado