A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Audi and Lemon Law dealings

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-1998, 01:36 PM
Disappointed

Default Audi and Lemon Law dealings

<br>I know I'll get a few flames for this, but I'm not posting this to slam Audis, just looking for some advice...<p>Our7 month old A4 1.8T QMS is the lemon of all lemons, with 25 days in the shop (and it's there now). I have filed the lemon law paperwork as required by law, and I am looking to see if anyone else has had any dealings with Audi on lemon law issues? If so, were they willing to work with you on the replacement/repayment issue? If they are difficult to deal with, I will get an attorney to deal with it; I am utterly drained from what I've gone through with this car so far and just want reasonable dealings with the company or someone else to take on the headache...<p>Thanks....
Old 11-30-1998, 01:39 PM
DH

Default What have been your problems and frequency of repairs needed

(nt)
Old 11-30-1998, 01:47 PM
Disappointed

Default Re: What have been your problems and frequency of repairs needed

-air conditioning failure: 200 miles (2 days)<br>-wheel bearing replacement: 3500 miles<br>-transmission replacement: 7000 miles<br>-lock failure due to service department ineptitude/screw up: @11000 miles <br>-currently, an unknown problem, check engine light on and no turbo boost whatsoever<p>There have been other visits to the service dept, but these are the big ones. The car has only been in once for each problem, but has racked up 25 days and counting in the shop, only 7 of which have been service visits. (we still can't figure out why it took more than one day to change oil...)
Old 11-30-1998, 01:51 PM
AJN

Default I had problems but never had to filen Lemon Law papers as Audi incentive on a new vehicle

Car had 6,000 miles, many problems, Audi bought the car back at a good price plus gave a $5,000 adjustment fee to get a new Audi, all-in-all I lost $900.00 but I'm a happy camper. I have also owned Audi's for many years, so they had records of that also.
Old 11-30-1998, 01:56 PM
Disappointed

Default Re: I had problems but never had to file Lemon Law papers as Audi incentive on a new vehicle

Whose rear end did you have to kiss to accomplish this? Audi told me they wouldn't do anything they didn't have to, and the dealer said they would take it on trade for the insulting price of $20,000 (we paid full sticker, $28,300, 7 months ago)...
Old 11-30-1998, 03:13 PM
chris murphy

Default sounds like a dealer on crack

Sounds like this is not necessarily an Audi thing, but a dealer thing. Of course your car sounds like a lemon too, but the dealer (given the circumstances) should be saying, "you know, you're right this thing has been problematic, let's get you a new car". But it sounds like this dealer is flat out incompetent.<p>Now, have you talked with AoA? Or only through your dealer? Are you familiar with your state's lemon laws? The reason why I ask this is because it's different in each state. The person who reported they got a good deal from Audi when they got a lemon may be in a state where they are really strict in going after auto manufacturers. Maybe your state is different, and the dealer is on drugs because they think they can get away with it.<p><br>Chris Murphy<p>1998 A4 2.8QM Pearl
Old 11-30-1998, 03:41 PM
Disappointed

Default Audi of America isn't any better...

Spoke at length with Audi of America, who flat out refused to do anything they didn't have to under the warranty. I must admit that I was very put off by AoA's refusal to do anything at all for us, as if they have our money and now it's our problem. We paid full sticker for this car ($28,300), and when I approached the dealer about trading it back in, they offered me $20,000. My last communication with them today was to tell them that they had to do a lot better, considering that they already made their money on us!
Old 11-30-1998, 05:27 PM
RobP

Default Re: Audi and Lemon Law dealings

Who are you dealing with at AoA? Maybe it is time to take it up the ladder.
Old 11-30-1998, 07:10 PM
Josh

Default Sent off my letter to AoA today; expecting nothing based on previous worthlessness...

Old 11-30-1998, 07:13 PM
Disappointed

Default Do you know someone at AoA I should be talking to?

<br>

Quick Reply: Audi and Lemon Law dealings