A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

AUDI OF ORLANDO- 4-10-99 (sat.) VERY DISINTERESTED AND RUDE SALESPEOPLE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-1999, 11:34 AM
Jeff

Default AUDI OF ORLANDO- 4-10-99 (sat.) VERY DISINTERESTED AND RUDE SALESPEOPLE!!!!

only two guys on the showroom floor, didn't get names, but one guy just said "ask him" after standing on the floor for 20 min. asking for help. "him" was outside and he was about 24 yrs. old. he came in and when we asked about a BASE (read- manual windows) 99 Jetta ( we were looking at it for our cousin and the A4 for us) he said "nope, no way, sticker is what you pay can't go any lower" - sticker about 20K for the GL jetta with auto. ARE YOU F*****G kidding me? oooooooooooooooooooooookay. For 20K I can get a manual ACCORD EX. no comparison. what a moron.<p>We made a 180 and walked out. Tampa has two Audi dealerships and it is an hour away.<p><br>Jeff<br>future 99.5 2.8 MS<p>Jeff
Old 04-12-1999, 12:09 PM
Mr.B

Default I guess noone told you...

The Orlando(Bill Brown) dealership is losing it's Audi status from what I've been told. They treated me very well at Aritcrat Volkswagen in Sanford. Paid about $600 over invoice for a Gold GLS, silver w/moonroof. See Ryan there. There is supposed to be a new Audi dealer in Orlando owned by Holler from what I hear. Unitl then, go to Reeves in Tampa.
Old 04-12-1999, 01:46 PM
CJL

Default That Orlando sleazebag dealer......

Yes, he is a sleazebag. Yes, he is losing his franchise. Yes, the Quattro Club of Orlando is partially responsible for him losing his franchise (we wrote many many letters to Audi).<p>In our club, we have around 20 members, and we all have been screwed over by Bill Brown Audi at least once. They wrecked one of the member's cars, and tried to hide the damage, they threw out one member's JAMEX filter (even though there is a large sticker saying not to), they have broken many of our cars while in for service, replaced the wrong parts (black dash with gray center console!!!), they consistantly lie about service and are hands down the worst dealer in the USA.<p>For now, our club members drive to Reeves (2 hours away) or Continental in Melbourne (1.5 hours away) for service. BOth are GREAT with service quality.<p>I can recommend a sales person in Melbourne, drop me a line. You should come to one of our Quattro Club of Orlando meetings, we always have a good turnout and a lot of fun.<p>Email or call me for more info about our club.<br>Christian J. Long<br>407-657-2479
Old 04-12-1999, 05:15 PM
JamesC

Default Re: If you go to Reeves see Jackie...(more)

Tell her James Corell referred you. I ended up buying my 1.8Avant at Crown in St. Pete (with much guilt) but wrote a letter to AoA thanking them for such a great Salesperson. Can't go wrong with Reeves. Was just on the lot today in fact...<br>James<br>1.8tqms Avant
Old 04-13-1999, 06:13 AM
Tony

Default We took an 'attorney' with us to Bill Brown

Using a broker we purchased a 99.5 A4. He got us a great deal at $30,093 (plus tax/title/tag) for a 2.8 Quattro, automatic, and sports steering wheel. (We also hate the wheels on the sports pkg).<p>The deal was struck on Jan 12th, and we were told that since it was a dealer exchange, it would take 2 weeks. After 3 weeks, we started calling on a weekly basis, but each time we got some lame excuse and a hostile attitude.<p>Finally we got a call on March 26th that the car had arrived. We went down to the dealership to confirm that the car matched our specs, and to see what we could get for our trade. $13k for a 1998 Toyota Camry ! Thanks, but no thanks.<p>We tell them that we'll sell our trade-in privately, and placed a $1,000 deposit on the A4. Both parties sign a sales contract.<p>We sell our Camry that weekend for $17k, and inform the dealership that we'll pick up the A4 on Friday April 2nd (as we're out-of-town until then).<p>The following day I get a fax from the sales manager, George Ricci, that if we don't pick up the car by March 31st, we lose both the car AND the deposit.<p>I don't bother responding to this, as we have a signed sales contract. I know the c***sucker is trying to get good numbers for March, and he's bluffing. So I call his bluff.<p>My wife & I waltz in on Friday morning, and simply ask for our car. We bring along a neighbor who's a retired CPA. We don't mention who he is, and he doesn't say anything. He looks like an attorney, and the retards at the dealership don't know what to make of him.<p>We take the car on a test-drive. Finish the paperwork. They detail it for us. And we drive off. No problems .... until 2 miles along the road, when a (then) unknown warning goes off. My wife is a little shaken, but it's only a low-fuel warning, and she makes a U-turn back to a gas-station.<p><br>This has to be the worst experience ever. We bought a Lexus earlier this year, and the difference in service is like the difference between Adolf Hitler and Mother Theresa.<p>We don't plan to let Mr. Ricci get away with his intimidating behavior. We've sent a complaint to the Board of Management at Audi AG (Ingolstadt), the Chairman of Executive Office at A of A, Audi customer relations, Better Business Bureau, Don Brown (the dealership owner), and also to the owner of the Holler Auto Group.<p>As Mr. B (last post) mentioned, Holler is setting up a new Audi dealership in Winter Park. We don't know whether or not Holler will take existing people from Bill Brown VW, but we're sure going to put a spanner in the works.<p>We're going to ensure that George Ricci never sells another Audi in his lifetime.<p>If you've made it to the end of this rather lengthy post, please follow the advice on the previous posts - stick to Reeves, Continental or Crown.<p>