A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Audi Roof Rack: Lets settle this once and for all!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-1998, 01:56 PM
dazzyb

Default Audi Roof Rack: Lets settle this once and for all!

I've read the archives, I've read the FAQ and I am still confused!!!<p>Who makes the Audi roof rack? (Thule, Votek?)<p>How much should I we pay for it?<p>Does it take Thule attachments WITHOUT modifications? OR do you have to get the bike/ski rack from the Audi dealer too if you want the right fit?<p>..and finally is there any possibility it would fit the Audi TT when it arrives? THAT would be a real plus.
Old 12-02-1998, 02:26 PM
Andrew C.

Default Audi Roof Rack is made by Thule. Don't know if it will fit TT. My guess is no.

<br>nt
Old 12-02-1998, 08:31 PM
Rich

Default Re: Audi Roof Rack:Votek

DB---<p>I just typed a long response and F#$#$#ing AOL, the WORST www service, and not mine for long, ate it. <br>The basics, rack's bars are made by votek. The accessories from the dealer are made by Thule, and have simple adapters built into them to connect to the votek bars, thus slightly differentiating them from the Thule accessories you buy at bike/ski shops. Those regular accessories can be simply modified to fit the factory rack with a carriage bolt, nut, and washer. They're sometimes quite a bit cheaper than rack accessories at the dealer, though you should be able to get your salesperson to get you the rack and accessories at a discount. The factory rack, which fits more flushly than aftermarket racks, might be cheaper then, as it was for me, and comes with built in locks. It's served me well (unlike AOL, which just attempted to erase this message too). I'm signing off aol (for good)now before this one's gone good luck.<p>Rich<br>'98 2.8Q sport