A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

A!Avantgarde S body kit (sort of)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-1999, 05:23 PM
Oldhonkytonk

Default A!Avantgarde S body kit (sort of)

I was checking the classifieds the other day for good deals, and I ran across a post for body kits for $500. The company is called Hop Fat Enterprises, and their products are manufactured in Hong Kong. From the e-mail I have gotten, they have the BTCC body kit, and the A1Avangarde s body kit, or they have their own versions of them...Has anyone purchased from them? Basically, is this price too good to be true? Check the link below (I hope that it works!).<p>Thanks in advance :-)<br><ul><li><a href="http://home.san.rr.com/sunny/fat/">Link Hop Fat Homepage</a></li></ul>
Old 04-01-1999, 05:54 PM
AndrewT

Default OHMYGOD!! THEY HAVE A BODY KIT FOR THE HONDA ODESSEY!!!!

f
Old 04-01-1999, 06:04 PM
Cameron

Default If it sounds too good to be true...

nt<br>
Old 04-01-1999, 07:05 PM
Jeff

Default From my knowledge of bodykits from HK, they are usually copied ones and looking at the price...looks like they are too

<br>.
Old 04-02-1999, 08:30 AM
Cathleen

Default I'd like to share my thoughts on this....

Hi!<br>I just wanted to suggest something and please, I hope you will take this in the positive, helpful spirit that it is intended.<br>Good body kits that look OEM cost some money. I couldn't afford to do the whole authentic A!AvantGarde S system kit all at once, so I opted to get sections at a time starting with the front bumper.<br>You are much better of to do it this way than to do a whole kit that is subpar. You'll also end up paying more in the long run to have the kit prepped for painting if it is of poor quality. A poor surface quality and a kit that fits improperly will detract from the beauty of your car.<br>Honestly, you would even be better off just adding items like a chin spoiler (such as the A!AvantGarde Noble kit, ABT, etc.) and side skirts and then painting the black part of your rear bumper to body color. <br>Make sure if you do get parts that they are from a certified dealer. To get "real" A!AvantGarde, ABT, MTM, Neuspeed, etc. parts you must go to an authorized dealer.<br>Trust me, you don't want your car to look cheesy after spending $30+k on it.<br>Good Luck!<br>-Cathleen (Authentic A! S system owner)
Old 04-02-1999, 09:04 AM
Cameron

Default If I might add to Cathleen's comments...

Even authentic kits can have fitment problems, I know of one such case that is taking three to four months for resolution, plus paint costs on the new parts for the owner of the car.<p>My question is, what does such a person do if the kit is from some other manufacturer who isn't supposed to be producing the part in the first place (if they aren't on the CEC list, they aren't a dealer, period). Do they call and say, "When buying a counterfeit part at one eighth the genuine price, I expect absolute quality and a perfect ready-to-paint part."<p>When it comes down to it, no person will find your expectation reasonable.<p>Cameron