A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

BACKFIRE , Turbo Guru's only please...long

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-1999, 03:46 PM
Steve S.

Default Pretty soon they'll be oozing from the woodwork....

Are you sure its not that mirror? :-)<p>Steve S.<br>97 2.8QM
Old 01-30-1999, 07:54 PM
ned

Default Rich is right but....

<br>I also think it has to do with the exhaust systems you may currently be running. Rich did it do this before you modified the muffler?<p>
Old 01-31-1999, 01:30 AM
ChuckH

Default Ain't it COOL? I'm not a Turbo guru, but...

...I do have the Scorpion exhaust system on my 90Q. I get the exact same pop that you describe. I don't care how cold it is outside; I drive around with my window down just so that I can listen to the exhaust. Call me crazy, if you must! :-)<p>Charles<br>
Old 01-31-1999, 05:52 AM
Phil S

Re: NO IT IS NOT COOL, this is a different pop, you really are not a Guru or a person who can read...nt
Old 01-31-1999, 05:54 AM
Phil S

Re: No the scorpion was on the car for 20000 chipped miles with NO backfire, this is new, after putting in a new chip...nt
Old 01-31-1999, 08:03 AM
Steve S.

Default Phil...cool yur jets...

If you wanted a truly exclusive response you might have gone directly to what-you-consider "turbo gurus" via email. Steven Moyle, Adam Adamson, Jason/Anthony Gelinas, Lucas, Rich Quinlan, Donnie, and a few others come to mind.<p>Steve S.<br>97 2.8QM
Old 01-31-1999, 09:32 AM
Rich Quinlan

Default *LOL* actually....

I bought the car, IMMEDIATELY made the trip out to the west coast of FL and installed Hoppen's chip at 997 miles.. drove back to the east coast, and with 1250 miles on it, installed the Remus, which was in a suitcase with me on the plane back from Germany. So I couldn't tell ya.... only had the chip for maybe 300 miles without the muffler...<p>Rich<br>Can NEVER leave well enough alone
Old 01-31-1999, 09:33 AM
Rich Quinlan

PHIL: Please email me about this...
Old 01-31-1999, 09:43 AM
Phil S

Default Re: Now all I need are e-mail address of said Guru's, I am just frustraited with...

How many times does a person have to ask real tech questions and be subjected to questions about gas and octane. It is like if you post about your turbo not showing any boost on your boost gauge, and you desperatly ask for help, all you get are questions about were did you get your boost gauge, or comments about your poor spelling. I just get worn out when people who get on this board and cause trouble, get more response than some one looking for real help. It is hard to know who of this group of Guru's you recomend might have had the same problem, I need to try to duplicate this condition, not get an explanation on how things work, that is why Rich's post is so far the best response, he may have the same condition. If your list of Guru's have not had this problem their input is helpfull but not on the level of some one who might have solved the problem.
Old 01-31-1999, 10:39 AM
bash

Maybe its just your attitude... your car hates you

Quick Reply: BACKFIRE , Turbo Guru's only please...long