A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Bad dealer experience... what do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad dealer experience... what do I do?

2001 A4 1.8TQM w/ 20K

I bought my car at Tischer in Maryland because of their excellent reputation. However, I have gone to the dealership 4 times already, left my car for about 3 weeks since beginning of the year over a door trim issue. When I got my car back today, I found out that their worker still damaged other parts of the car over 1 fix. The last time, I was talking with Jay, their service director (I believe) he had personally promised me to look over the repair in person... but obviously he didn't. After the repair, they decided to wash my car, however they can't even do it right; they did it throgh machine and left dirt in the rings of the Audi logo on the trunk lid. What the !#$^, is there no such thing as craftsman ship any more amoung warranty repair service now-a-days?

My communte to the dealership is about 1 to 1.5 hours each way, I communicated that with their service managers clearly... Just don't know what to do after cycling through 2 service managers (Frank and Tom) and a Service director (Jay).

Maybe I will give Tom Gordon a call...

I would like to see if they can buy my car back based on blue book, I feel ashamed owning this car... Do I have a chance? If they can't fix my car I think that's the least they can do...

Thank you for hearing my vents...Please let me have your suggestions...
Old 03-08-2002, 09:23 PM

Default What's wrong with your car?

No way will they buy your car back. You're better off selling it privately. Why exactly do you want them to buy it? What's wrong with your trim? Everyone knows dealers are a bunch of tards that always screw things up like washing your car with dirty rags or charging you while they wait for the engine to cool down.

Have you tried any local mechanics? I only trust my friend who owns a small import garage (though he'll work on any car). I know another guy who builds the typical dirt modified race cars and strangely enough, works on Audi's and even has a 90 quattro with a turbo kit he fabbed up that runs like a bat out of hell. Sorry about your experience.
Old 03-09-2002, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Bad dealer experience... what do I do?

Yes, I was among the ones who got charged while the mech. waited for my engine to cool. My friend who bought a GTI had the same customer service problems you are having. I would just go speak to the highest ranking manager there and specifically state the responsibilities of each pearty: yours being to pay the dealer for the car and their services, theirs being to ensure your satisfaction. I highly doubt they will buy your car back at BB val. Best of luck to you.