A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

best shocks for stock sport springs with possible future upgrade to aftermarket sport springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best shocks for stock sport springs with possible future upgrade to aftermarket sport springs

I have been looking around and I'm not sure if I should go with the stock boge shocks or an upgrade.
It's easy to find the the front boge's for sport suspension, but I don't see the rears listed anywhere for sport, just for the regular suspension.
Was also looking at bilstein. I tried to search for some info and the difference between the hd and sport. I read a lot of posts and I don't know if anyone knows for sure. Some say they are different lengths, the sport being alittle shorter than the hd, but have the same valving. Others say they are the same length with different valving. And it was real mixed up about if the stock sport springs are okay with the hd, some said they are good, other said that the hd is only for regular non-sport springs.
Anyway I guess I'm just looking for new recommendations for shocks. I will be taking off a koni coilover kit and putting stock sport springs on, or maybe some other sport springs later on. I'd like the car to be alot lower but there just isnt enough travel in the shocks it seems, like they should have been shorter or something. Currently at like 25 7/8 F and 26 R and its okay but still stiff theres not much travel there the spring compresss very little and then hard after that.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bilstein/sports fronts are shorter rears are the same.....

you may want to get the grooved fronts as you might need to lower the front if using stock sports springs with bilstein sports. bilstein hd won't work with aftermarket sports springs the extra lenth causes them to operate out of their designed range.