A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Birthday Present?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-1999, 07:11 PM
EagerEd

Default Birthday Present?

I am eagerly counting down the hours until I receive my drivers license early next month. Here's my dilemma....My parents made me a deal that if I keep at least a "B' average, I can pick between these three cars- A BMW 323, Honda Prelude SH, or A4. I want maximum female attention and intend to only keep this car until I graduate college, and then move up to a M3 or Porsche 911. Any honest advice much appreciated!
Old 10-30-1999, 07:22 PM
MIke II

Default First, forget Honda, second (more)

I was looking for beemers when I discovered the A4. The BMW has more 'chick appeal' but if you drive them both you will have some thinking to do.

ps....lots of Beemers out there.....

pps....I highly recommend the quattro - manual
Old 10-30-1999, 07:33 PM
S4

Default Tough decision?

First, forget about the prelude as there are tons out there and a new one is soon to be introduced!

As for A4 and Bimmer, they are both excellent car but as for value wise, the A4 is of a better value for the amount you pay.

If I were you, I might want to consider the 323ci or 328 ci!!!! I think you should go for that since A4 does not come in a 2-door configuration!
Go for a test drive, the 4 bimmers in 2 and 4 doors confi, A4 1.8T & 2.8.....and the ultimate......S4!!!!!!!!!!! :>
Old 10-30-1999, 07:42 PM
Mike II

If the P's are flippin' the tab, tell them you need an S4!
Old 10-30-1999, 07:55 PM
I wish I had everything handed to me on a platter

Default I hope you are kidding.

Your parents are doing you a grave injustice by just handing you something like this.

And for a B average? What sort of loser can't keep a B average wihout such an incentive?

Am I the only one sickened by this?
Old 10-30-1999, 08:01 PM
Mike M.

Default Chicks dig the A4!

My buddy has a new 323 sedan. However, he's not going to the sorority parties on the weekends!! >=D
Old 10-30-1999, 08:09 PM
Tom

Default What if you get an "A"?

I think there are not many girls in your school know you pretty well cause you don't have a nice car.
Most girls love Bimmers cause its a Bimmer. Audi has appealed to girs mainly because of its style and the taste of the owner. Maybe you future girlfriend"s" (I don't know how many you want to date every day?) say(s) "you have a good taste buying an Audi A4, I don't dump my old goddamn boyfriend who drove a BMW".
I think you should get an A in order to negotiate Porsche Boxster/911, Audi S4 or BMW M3. Hard working!
When I got to know my girlfriend, I was driving an unappealing stripper 92 Honda Civic LX-SE (lucky it has AC and wheel covers).
Tom
97 A4 1.8TQMS
99 BORA GLS 2.0
00 (OR 01) NEW BEETLE GLS 1.9TDI (ON ORDER)
98.5 A4 1.8TQAS WETTED (my GF's car, talk about good taste)
Old 10-30-1999, 08:15 PM
Mike II

Default My last words on this subject.........

Take the time to make a smart decision on this purchase.

If the parents are going to flip the tab, first of all I hate you (JK), second, ask them if they would consider adopting me. I kept a 3.8 GPA if that helps.

Drive both of the cars (S4)- forget about chicks for a second - which one makes your blood boil? Thats all there is to it. You are the one who gets to drive one of these magnificent automobiles at someone else's expense so drive them and do the research. Don't get a stiffy after driving one before the other and make a rash decision.
Old 10-30-1999, 08:17 PM
Tom

Oh, my god son! Let me buy a RS4 for you in Germany if you get 3.8GPA....good boy! :>
Old 10-30-1999, 08:21 PM
CraigB

Default Ooh...don't use "stiffy" and "rash" in the same sentence; you'll scare the kid off! 8^)

entee

Quick Reply: Birthday Present?