A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Blaupunkt Sydney: Cure-all for crappy Delta sound? need f/u from archive posts..

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-1999, 02:46 PM
Rich

Default Blaupunkt Sydney: Cure-all for crappy Delta sound? need f/u from archive posts..

After spending part of the afternoon with my stereo installer, grumbling (justifiably, really..) about how pathetic my (now) expensive system sounded with the MB Quarts, he hooked up a 5 year old Sony cd player in place of the Delta head unit, and wow..what a difference!<p>Granted, this bypassed my whole complicated RF changer mess / line level adapters, etc. and this was surely part of it, but as he promised, using the cleaner signal from the different head unit made a big difference. The Quarts went from sounding completely pathetic to pretty good. (I still think they're overpriced and have an excellent marketing dept.) I already have solid amps and a sub that should sound terrific--they sounded completely different with the aftermarket head unit during the little "test".<p>So...I think the Blaupunkt Sydney cassette unit (with the nice red lights) and Blaupunkt changer it is...away with the Delta unit and RF whiner!<p>Just now, I'm finally getting to my questions:<br> 1--with the delta setup, do I need the antenna adapter (i.e, does the delta have a powered antenna?)<p> 2--Who's finished the Sydney or Toronto installation, and anything I should be careful about when I go to have this installed? (planning on having them wire it up, and use the Scosche adapter thing.) Promise to post pics..<p>Chris C, if you're out there, was wondering about the CD-R problem. The Crutchfield rep thought that you had the older changer and that might be why it wouldn't play the cd-r's (?) I don't want the changer if it can't play cd-r's..<p>Perhaps a way to finally get rid of the (Blaupunkt?) Delta and get some good sound..<p>Rich<br>'98 2.8Q sport<br><ul><li><a href="http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-12sdMK3JY3Y/blockpub.exe?bid=80308&store=7&sid=S-12sdMK3JY3Y">Crutchfield / Blaupunkt Sydney</a></li></ul>
Old 04-13-1999, 06:06 AM
ELH

Default No Problems.....

I did not have the Delta radio, but I had the regular concert radio without the Bose. I have not tried to play CD-Rs yet, but I will test it tonight and let you know!<p><br>---Trey<p>silver 98.5 1.8TM (for Sale)<br>Silver 99 1.8TQM (Mintex, R28s, Blaupunkt Sydney, awaiting Garrett!)