A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

BMW and VW owners/posters take note!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-1999, 07:21 AM
Mike O.

Default BMW and VW owners/posters take note!!!!!!!!!!

Although I enjoy communicating with other car enthusiasts the time has come to draw a line in the sand. I habitually visit A4.org and participate in these forum discussions for one reason; to learn more about (IMHO) the best vehicle I have ever owned. Through this forum I have learned much about how to improve my car, been warned of possible ripoffs and passed along advice that I have come across. <p>Recently, the forum has become clogged with bimmer.org and vwvortex.org members. I welcome these individuals to our board if they are coming here to learn about our car. It is when they come to our site simply to flame us that I get upset. <p>I have visited both of these sites and have learned a great deal about the M3, Passat, Corrado and New Beetle. Each car has its enthusiasts and they love their cars as much as we love ours. Of all of the times I have visited these sites, I have never seen an A4 enthusiast post a flame.<p>I would simply ask Jason and his associates to keep an eye on the posts and delete (censor) any further posts from these individuals. Their presence is clogging the board and making communication that much harder.<p>Thanks for hearing me out!<p>Regards, <br>Mike O.<br>98.5 A41.8TQMS Wett, Stebro
Old 02-10-1999, 08:08 AM
kjk

Default I visit all boards to get info on common interest areas

such as tires, suspension, etc. The best tire comparison I have ever seen was on an Acura board. To ask to have messages reviewed and deleted is quite unreasonable. Plus, you can do what everybody should do, ignore the flames. If there are no responses, they quickly die. Even better, do what was done a Bimmer org--start a flame board. I think posts about clear turn signals are a waste of space but I wouldn't ask that they be deleted.<p>kjk
Old 02-10-1999, 09:23 AM
Brad Franklin

Default Re: BMW and VW owners/posters take note!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not get stereotypical here...I'm a car nut in general, but I happen to own an M3. Doesn't mean I'm an *******, or I drive a crappy car, or that I think all cars are crappy but BMW's. I think responsibility for the 'crazy' threads of late falls on both inflammatory BMW people and A4 owners who provide knee-jerk reactions to ignorant posts by these people. If you don't like what a BMW guy posts, just don't say anything and hopefully it will fade into the background!<p>BTW - I'm on here because I think the A4 is a great car, and I like this list in general <p>Brad Franklin
Old 02-10-1999, 10:43 AM
vik

Default Attn kjk....

If I remember correctly, you have an E28 M5. If this is true, please email me, as I have some questions. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-10-1999, 11:18 AM
SammyD

They come in peace for all mankind