A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Boost

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EBC only deals with boost, not fuel curve or timing.

ok I plan on getting a safc and tuning it after these mods im not just going to throw them on and drive it.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you are new at the audi thing, listen to joey, he wont lead you wrong.

like he said toss out what you know about tuning cars.

There are 2 routes to go with vw/audi cars. 1. stand alone and we are lucky enough to have a company that specializes in our engines and hardware to tune them... 034efi.com. 2. software for the stock motronic unit, its more complex than you think.

So if you want to build your own software plonk down the money for an 034 computer and hike up your lil dsm skirt and buy some dyno time and get to it.

If you want to play dsm tuner with an audi just leave the forum now, you will get endless flames and insults acting like you are now trying to make it all work with gear that isnt intended for this car.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Re: also boost psi isn't everything. Volume is another measurement that is required when considering

what size injectors do you have and fuel pump?
AudiWorld Expert

Default You will be better off with a chip

The cost of the chip is very inexpensive considering what you are looking at. And very easy to do as well. The tuners that have developed them have spend tons of money and time making them and they know what they are doing. They are going to be the best way to get the most reliable power from the engine. They know how the ECU and engines work more than we do. Trust them. The only reason to go the route you are talking about is if you have a one off big turbo system that no one makes software for. Then you have a reason, but by then you will have spent thousands on bit turbos and customer fitment ect....
AudiWorld Expert

On the Audi, factory still.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:34 AM

Default Re: you are new at the audi thing, listen to joey, he wont lead you wrong.

ok i didnt say i was building this like a dsm I just stated i had one because he said these are high maintenance and everybody knows dsm's are quite unreliable
Old 10-22-2005, 08:40 AM
Joey T

Default What I am saying is that you will waste time and money

when the correct way, a chip, is faster, easier, and the car will run just like stock. Only faster. With no tuning issues.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: What I am saying is that you will waste time and money

Ok so would you reccomend chip and safc or just chip or go standalone? If standalone what stage? Also i plan on upgrading the turbo when i save the money for it so you know my plans with it.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:01 AM

Default what to do

this is all so confusing to me. I dont know how just getting a chip will tune your car. As you upgrade dont you need control or leaning or richening your car out? so wouldnt i need a safc? do i get this and a chip? would they interfere? do i just save and get the standalone? do i have to run 91 octane if i get the chip?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Joey T

Default Do a K04 turbo and chip at the same time.

Chip is turbo specific, so you may as well do both. How quick are you looking to get?

Because you should really not mix and match parts, knowing where you will end up is the best bet in the long run.

Quick Reply: Boost