A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Boston Acoustics or MB quart???(more)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-1999, 10:33 AM
Foo

Nice choice of speakers....woohoo. *clap clap* )
Old 12-04-1999, 10:47 AM
Another Drew

Default Yes, a plug for my installer.

They did an incredible installation. The details they paid attention to during the installation was beyond my imagination. I was planning to do the install myself. Heck, how hard could it be to just replace speakers and connect wires? After watching them, I'm so glad I didn't tackle the job myself. There's no way I would have paid that much attention to details like these guys did.

They're pretty far from where you are but in case you want to check them out they're Sound Solutions in Chantilly, Virginia near Dulles Airport.

Drew w/ the usual disclaimer..I don't work for sound solutions nor.....just a happy customer.
Old 12-04-1999, 10:51 AM
Warren Wang

Default Yeah, good guys

I'm using the same shop to have an install done. I met with someone who had quite a nice system in his M3. They don't have a great product line, but they are quite good about letting you find your own components, and then just doing the install.

Warren
Old 12-04-1999, 03:19 PM
Eric C

Default Cutting my door panels to fit the 5.25"

If you are really considering to get a nice pair of 5.25"s up front, most likely they will be hitting ur window glass because of the depth of the magnet.

My car is in the shop getting a custom speaker install so that i can put a set of Eclipse8052 in the front. Its not easy but i think it is worth it. I will post the picture asap.

And listen to the speakers yourself b4 buying them, everyone has his/her own taste

Eric
Old 12-04-1999, 11:56 PM
Edward

Default Re: Boston Acoustics or MB quart???(more)

I think that the BA's are a better sounding spkr. The MB's that are available don't quit have the mid and bass response that the BA's do. However MB has a kit that will accomadate a 5.25 made for the A4 (FRONT doors). And a kit that will allow the rear to fit a 6.5. The four spkr adaptors cost around $80. You can find them at any MB dealer.
Old 12-05-1999, 02:10 AM
Carlos Chapa

Default Can we meet (sound system-a4)

i live in virginia beach and i am about to install a custom set up (sub box) to my audi. perhaps we can meet or just talk on line to compare and stuff....
Old 12-05-1999, 02:19 AM
Carlos C

Default Re: Boston Acoustics or MB quart???(more)

I went with the mb quarts due to its large popularity and easability to install. Also, i found a pair for less than $200 ! the best speakers i have heard were diamond audios, but for over $500 a pair, i found this out of my price range. i usually get all my stuff at autotoys.com. i don't work for them, but i have saved hundreds of dollars for my amp, cd player, remote, and speakers !!!
i agree with the rest, go to the store, listen, compare, and contrast, and if you can, listen to the different speakers in different audis (if you can)_or at least listen to them in other cars.
Old 12-06-1999, 03:00 AM
Michael Kaunitz

Default Sure

drop me an email directly to my exodus account and we can coordinate
Old 12-06-1999, 03:02 AM
Michael Kaunitz

Default Meeting UP

Anyone who would like to have a listen in the DC metro area, just drop me an email to my exodus account and we can work something out