A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Boston Audi dealers? (more)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-1999, 09:43 PM
Slughog

Default Boston Audi dealers? (more)

Any comments (good/bad) on Boston area Audi dealers? There's an Ira Porsche/Audi shop near my home. Any comments on them?

I want to find a decent place to buy an A4.
Old 08-11-1999, 10:30 PM
Delo

Default Re: Boston Audi dealers? (more)

Go to Bernardi Audi in Natick,MA
I just got my A4 there last week!
Really happy with there services
nice deals too

Delo
Old 08-12-1999, 03:18 AM
Lazlo

Default Clair

I am very happy with Clair Audi in West Roxbury. I visited most of the dealers in the boston area for test drives, and they treated me the best by far. I would stay away from Bernardi. The post below is the first time i have ever seen someone that is happy with them. When i went there they treated me like a complete ***hole. The only reason they get customers is because they are right on route 9. I have heard pretty good things about IRA also. They do a very high volume there, so you should be able to get a good deal. Do a search on "IRA" or "Bernardi" (or any other dealers name, in the archives. That will give you a lot of the information you are looking for.

Good Luck.
Old 08-12-1999, 03:56 AM
pdw

Default Have bought cars recently at both Ira and Bernardi

I bought my '98.5 A4 last year at Ira. The buying experience wasn't everything it could have been but it wasn't horrible. They gave the best deal of anyone around(though not by much), didn't screw up the order on a low margin car and the car came 4 weeks earlier than expected. However, they did make some attempts to BS me and the salesman didn't get the car ready when he first said he could(he had plenty of time). There was also an Ira sticker as well as the front plate holder on the car, both of which were requested to be off the car. I peeled the sticker off right when I picked it up and then had to yell loudly to get the bumper cover replaced(which they swapped with a newly arrived car).

Ira's service has been quite good though and I have no real complaints. The only complaint I have is that they stopped giving loaners which is a pain for me since I'm pretty far away.

We just bought a Passat GLS V6 5 speed at Bernardi. The salesman's name was Clyde. He gave us a very good deal, knew the cars, didn't BS and had everything ready on time. There were no stickers on the car, no front plate holder and everything was as it should be.

I have no experience with Bernardi service though I haven't heard great things about them.
Old 08-12-1999, 04:00 AM
pdw

Default Bernardi

Lazlo says that Bernardi were a$$holes. I went there last year when shopping for my A4. At the time Bernardi was a bunch of a$$holes. Either the whole dealership has taken a turn for the better since or it was just the salesman I dealt with(Clyde), but the subsequent experience was much better.
Old 08-12-1999, 05:06 AM
PeterV

Default Re: Bernardi getting better slowly

I have been dealing with those .... for 3 yrs. In the begining bad is a good point to start. I have given them UNSATS for 2yrs. Called AoA 8 times. The last 8 mos or so they finally got the message. They are getting better and more responsive. Fortunately I have had 44k problem free A4. only mirrors & wipers. Sales people are an evil we have to deal once with but the service poeple are should delt with a little more courtesy as we have to see them many times. Hopefully they will respond in kind.
PeterV
'97 1.8 TQ auto Wett Mintex
Old 08-12-1999, 05:48 AM
mpm

Default Clair, IRA or Reitzel

Ordered the S4 in February, from Clair, mostly out of locational convienence. But, I gotta' say ever since they have been right on with info. They said Sept/October delivery since the first day. I got a call about the NAV option before reading about it at this wonderful site. The sales guy (Scott) called me up for a TT test drive in early May.

I hope the honesty carries over to pricing (they sware it will be at sticker). And, I can't speak for the service, but since they also sell/service Porsche and Mercedes, I'm hoping that the good relationship will carry post sale.

Good luck
Old 08-12-1999, 06:16 AM
Alex T

Default Bought car from Bernardi too; Good experience! But, I take it to Ira for service.

as
Old 08-12-1999, 06:19 AM
AlexT

Default Sorry, I forgot to mention that I dealt with Clyde at Bernardi too.

asd
Old 08-12-1999, 08:05 AM
MichaelB

Default Clair and Pass & Weisz...

I bought my A4 at Pass & Weisz in Burlington. Their sales dept. is great. I dealt with Mark over their, but Davison is also very good (and he used to be a Quattro Club driving instructor). The service dept. is very good as far as ability, but they need a serious refresher course on customer service. I always get the feeling like I am doing them a big favor by bringing my (former) car in for service there.

I don't have experience with Clair Audi. However, I just leased a Jeep there and the service I have gotten is simply AMAZING. You would think I just bought a luxury yacht. Well...almost.

Mike

Quick Reply: Boston Audi dealers? (more)