A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Brilliant Black paint problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 11:52 AM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True. But I am hard pressed to find them on my friends Silver TT. And he goes months between washing
Old 04-25-2002, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default my bmw friend uses the cheap a$$ BLACK turtle wax and claims it works well...

but i tried it and thought it was a pain in the ***. him and his uncle both use this on their black concourse cars and it looks pretty damn good. it comes with a black wax stick to fill little holes. that part actually worked good, but the wax itself was kinda a pain to put on and remove compared to my 3M. give it a try, it might work, at the least you have added a layer of wax to the car.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default mine is fine, what the heck do you clean, polish and wax with???...

i use a super bubbly wash, i think mequairs makes it. add a layer of 3M IHG every 3 months or so and then wax it with 3M paste wax. i use a wash mitt (expensive but well worth the money in time and effort) and then dry with the california something or another (basically a piece of silicon with a rubber handle) then finish it up with a chamois. every couple of washes i will finish with the 3M spray glosser waxer polisher thingy. i definetly have NO swirl marks and the car is a 98.5. but my silver passat was a WHOLE lot easier to get clean (or at least look it), then when it was washed i realised how dirty it was. by the way i live in gainesville and would be interested to find out more about the now established north florida chapter.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:08 PM

Default I think its time for you to buxt out the high speed buffer...takes out anything

dont do it too often though, but some paint sealent on there too, works better than any fake cheap *** paste waxes.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:17 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default for the eighth time in this thread: HOW CAN WAXING/BUFFING TAKE OUT PAINT CHIPS????

makes no sense

=)
Old 04-25-2002, 12:17 PM
Rest In Peace

Default I use 3m IHG every 6 months. I follow with 1 Grand Blitz wax. I apply a light coat of wax every 3(m)

or so washes. It does help 90% of the swirls. But the swirls come back fast. Especially in the Florida weather. I will have you added to the e-mail distro list. Just come on down to the next meeting when it's announced. We meet once a month or so. Hit our forum on Audiworld here for In-state events. There are no shortage of Audi enthusiasts in Fla and we love to get together and drink...uh talk about our Audis. Shoot me an e-mail with the address you want on our distro list. hendrickson0@earthlink.net

Cheers,
Chris<ul><li><a href="http://florida.audiworld.com/north/">http://florida.audiworld.com/north/</a</li></ul>
Old 04-25-2002, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I've seen that stuff before..
Old 04-25-2002, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah - I know. But my front end is a horror story now.... choose your poison i guess.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default awesome, i would love to meet up and drink, i mean talk about my car...

i don't know why in the heck the swirls would show up so much based on the products. i do wash my car quite a bit and nothing (yet, and this post better not curse me).
Old 04-25-2002, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the BLACK wax stick fills the chip, while the BLACK wax leaves a BLACK residue if any...

this is the turtle wax stuff at least. i honestly can not see much of a difference in one wax to another. i personally feel the polish does the job and the wax brings the protection. the problem i had with the turtle wax was the pain to get off and on, and the fact i had to wax more frequently, but that stupid little wax stick more than makes up for the cost. use whatever wax you chose over that.

Quick Reply: Brilliant Black paint problems