A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Brullen exhaust - are they good

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-1998, 07:14 AM
Paul Hardy

Default Brullen exhaust - are they good

Brullen exhaust from LLTek look great in the brochure and the price is pretty good. Does anyone have one and can you recommned it? Any droning at highway speeds?<p>Any other recommendations?
Old 11-13-1998, 07:24 AM
Steve S.

Default Bert has one...nice exhaust tone

I think he had some fun installation challenges though....hopefully he will respond to this post or email you directly.<p>Steve S.<br>97 2.8QM<br>
Old 11-13-1998, 07:33 AM
KeremD

Default Here is my experience

We put order in Brullen sometime ago and after they get my VIN number, they figured out, I have one of the different exhaust systems. (late 98s). They said they are working on one and we waited. After 3 weeks my exhaust arrived but we had to weld a 3 inch piece of pipe somewhere in the system. My tuning shop put the exhaust system on the car but they saied, there wasn`t any piece to weld that come with the system. It did not fit perfectly and it was only around 2 inchees from the ground. They also did not like the welding quality and we sended it back. Now I am waiting for my Klasse. BTW, my system WAS NOT FROM LLTek, I got it directy from Brullen, so they may be different.
Old 11-13-1998, 07:43 AM
Bert

Default Re: Brullen exhaust - are they good

Paul,<p>I have the Brüllen cat-back from LLTek (via another A4.org family member). I like the system, but am holding off recommendation. This is purely because, exhaust tones are subjective. It's like the difference between noise and music, it's in the ear of the beholder. You should try to hear the exhaust in person, or make sure that LLTek has a good return policy. <p>And having said that, I like the exhaust tones on my car. Like the LLTek literature states, the exhaust is fairly quiet at 3100 RPM. With the windows up, you would hardly notice it, no highway drone at all. If you decide to get it, I recommend having it professionally installed. I installed mine myself and it's a PITA.<p>Bert<p>By the way, this was on a 30V, I have no idea how the 20V one sounds.