A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Car seats and the back seat...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car seats and the back seat...

Having a baby soon and wondered if you folks out there with A4's have any problems with fitting car seats in the back. What kind of car seats do you have and which kind do you think are the best?

Also how much sspace does it take up in the back seat?

Looking to buy a 2.8 later on in the year.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2001, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default The A4 has a small back seat which will serve you well IF you choose the right product.

Rear-facing car seats are tight, try putting it in between the front seats, worked for mine, a medallion V comfort touch (recommended by a fellow AW'er-thanks!)

I had one of those century seat/baby carrier combo's which worked well for the baby, but not for the front seat passenger. As he grew out of this one, I gave it to someone less fortunate than I.

My recommendation, go somewhere that sells baby seats and ask them if you can try to fit it in your car first (you may have to leave your license as a guarantee you'll return). This way you can actually try it out in the car prior to you purchase. Bring a towel so you can roll it up and put it under the seat to adjust the angle of the base, as some will not fit quite right without it (when facing the rear).

HTH,

Peter
Old 05-23-2001, 12:38 PM

Default Never had a rear facing seat in the back of the A4 but.......

we have a Britax Freeway for my daughter (< 40lbs)and a britax Star Riser for my son(> 40lbs). Both fix great in both of our A4s.

Just remember, the ONLY place for an infant is in the back and in the middle. Get a seat that fits in snugly (doesn't move side to side or front to back). Make sure you test fit BEFORE you buy and know how to install correctly before the baby is born. No hospital will let you bring a baby home without a car seat.

And don't buy an old used one, your baby's life is worth infinately more than all the money in the world.

Good Luck and congrats.