A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Chicago A4 Club Established (ATTN: Jason Teller)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-1998, 12:20 AM
Cameron

Default Chicago A4 Club Established (ATTN: Jason Teller)

With a cold, windy, Chicago day, the Chicago A4 Club began its life at Champs Sports Bar & Grill at Waukegan and Dempster. Here are the details:<p>The "Peich Cars" Present:<br>Casablanca White 1.8T Quattro<br>Aluminum Silver 2.8 Quattro<br>Laser Red 2.8 Quattro<br>Silver Porsche 944 S<p>We have a dozen members currently, five of whom showed up for the first meeting -- We lost David to Milwaukee weather and a long commute on I-90 back to civilization. The weather offered a chance to test Quattro this evening, even for those not present at the meeting (100% of the cars in the Chicago A4 Club are equipped with Quattro). Thanks to those who were able to make it and I'm looking forward to the next meeting.<p><p>Jason: I, along with other members, I'm sure, would be interested in registering the Chicago A4 Club with A4.org in the "Clubs" section. If I email you a write-up, would you be willing to throw in a plug with some contact info? Los Angeles and New York City A4 owners visiting the site have obvious club links available to them, while owners from Chicago don't have a club listed that is specific to the third-largest metropolitan area in the United States. You may respond via email if that is more convenient.
Old 11-08-1998, 12:52 AM
Big O

Default Boy, talk about feeling like the "odd dude out" . . . .

I must be the only A4 owner that doesn't ever get to drive it, even to track or social events. Next time, lets meet at midnight or later, and I'll know I can drive the Audi. ;-)<p>Hmmm . . . should I get rid of the wife, or get used to never seeing my car again? Or both?<p>On the other hand, the 944 is *way* more fun to fishtail on the way home in sleet and freezing drizzle, especially with the shaved 255/40s R71s. Can you say "yeeeooowwwwww . . . "?<p>But seriously, let's get more Chicago Audi folks together. There must be thousands of us . . .it can't be that hard to get more than five out to a meeting, can it?<p>
Old 11-08-1998, 06:31 AM
Jason Teller

The answer is &quot;yes&quot;, I'll e-mail you
Old 11-08-1998, 05:07 PM
rickp

Default You should get together with my bro, Steve.......

.......he's ordered an all-decked out BMW 540i.<p>Rick<br>
Old 11-08-1998, 08:12 PM
Big O

Default Whoa . . . did he take an extra cut off those Wett chips?!? ;-)

Nah, I know, those pilots are in high demand! Darn, I'm in the wrong business once again!<p>If I'm lucky, I'll end up with *two* 944s! <p>Sigh.