A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Chipping and voided warranty...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-1999, 01:28 PM
KJ

Default Chipping and voided warranty...

I looked at the archives and there are hundreds of posts on the "possibility" of having a voided warranty if you chip your A4. I AM ABOUT TO CHIP AND HAVE TO WONDER, HAS ANYBODY ACTUALLY HAD THEIR WARRANTY VOIDED??? I DID NOT FIND ANYBODY WHO SAID THEIR WARRANTY WAS VOIDED AND AM LOOKING FOR FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCES AND NOT "POSSIBILITIES"
Old 01-19-1999, 02:44 PM
DL

Re: My Audi dealer actually suggested chipping, although I haven't done it. eom
Old 01-19-1999, 03:39 PM
DaveL

What dealer made the recommendation. Good to know who the "chip-friendly" dealers are.
Old 01-19-1999, 03:46 PM
MK

Default Re: Chipping and voided warranty...Here's my experience...

After chipping my car, the wastegate rod broke. I'm not saying it broke because of the chip. Many others had their's broken without a chip...<br>I took it into the dealer and didn't say anything about my chip. They were happy to replace my turbo...you know why??? Because AoA pays them to do the work! I'm sure they felt the extra horsepower after fixing it but they didn't say anything about it. The service rep was also extremely kind because he makes commission on the cost of the repair. It seems to me, they would have to be fools to deny you service.<p>Which chip are you interested in? Good luck!<p>MK<br>1.8TMS Neuspeed
Old 01-19-1999, 05:47 PM
George Rochford

Default Fred Baker Porsche/Audi in Cleveland installs the chips, talk about chip friendly!

c
Old 01-20-1999, 05:31 AM
Timothy Buck

Default Re: My Audi dealer actually suggested chipping, although I haven't done it. eom

I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience I did; I received a note from my salesman asking me how things were going, and he also said "I have info to boost power on your engine if you're interested." I haven't called him yet just to see what he has in mind, but I assume he's talking about chipping (which I did about 4 months ago :-)<p>If you're interested, my salesman is Steve Zahrt at Precision Audi/Saab/Acura/ Mitsubishi in Roanoke, VA.<br>
Old 01-20-1999, 06:29 AM
KJ

Default after too much research, ugh, I narrowed it down to 3 and choose Wett...

My three final options were:<br>Neuspeed: not as much power as the next two, but provides a good amount of extra power for the least amount of money and low stress on engine. 20yrs experience and if you read Turbo Magazine they have "tweaked" several amazing A4s, too bad the chip can't be swapped or it would be in the car already :-( (my dealer isn't too friendly)<p>TAP: this is my favorite choice for performance and Chris is a service oriented guy who I would trust to be there should anything go wrong. price is fair and they provide a loaner ECU.<p>Wett: lots of power, possibly too much boost for someone who drives aggressively every day, but I only do it on occasion so there should be no problem. The people there are going out of their way to build a good reputation in the U.S. so, service should be great. The clincher was the lowered price ($400) and most of all the ability to keep my stock chip and swap back and forth.<p>Honorable mention? MTMHoppen has a Ferrari price, no deal! For a few hundred dollars more I could add an exhaust and Stage II of the other chips.<p>
Old 01-20-1999, 09:05 AM
RC

Default Re: after too much research, ugh, I narrowed it down to 3 and choose Wett...

If you hav'nt already placed your bet on Wetterauer, Neuspeed does socket their chip. Refer to product guide and look up Greedspeed.