A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Civic Si Vs Razor Scooter in Rockville MD

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2001, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Si Vs Razor Scooter in Rockville MD

Civic SivsRazorScooter
by Chris Sceaffer, age - 20, male
posted January 06, 2001

I was bringing my date to the movies one night, particular in the mood for racing, but as usual, she didn't want to do anything exciting, instead, watch "Castaway". After about 10 minutes of driving, and halfway to the theatre, I ended up the first car at the red light. This was a particular nice street for racing. No cops ahead (As it seemed), and no traffic around. I really yearned for a race.

Suddenly I heard it. A 5 year old kid in a razor scooter positioned himself right next to me. I thought, "Oh, it's on."

I revved at him (I had a Greddy Evo catback exhaust), he revved back by making revving noises with his mouth. Now before I go into further detail about the story, let me list my modifications to the car.

AEM CAI
Dc Sports 4-1
Greddy Evo Exhaust
Apexi V-AFC, tuned on a dyno
Volk Te-37's with Nitto's
and a Jackson Racing supercharger, cleaned out and polished at Endyn.
Lightened flywheel, and Act 3 racing clutch.
-----

Me and the kid made eye contact. I could feel the tension in the air, as my girlfriend was begging me not race. The light was about to turn green. I was ready to drop the hammer. It suddenly turned green. I drop it, and managed to minimalize my wheelspin. I quickly approached 40 mph, as me and the Razor Scooter were nose-to-nose. I couldn't shake him and he was slowly gaining. Suddenly at 90, the kid had about 6 car lengths on me. "****!" I said to myself. My poor date was leaning back in her seat, beeming with embarassment. I felt like dieing.

The point of this story, was to show, from a realistic point of view, that a Civic is a ****ing ecnobox that is NOT meant as a performer. It has less torque than a razor scooter, and it is nearly impossible to modify the 1.6 liter POS into a real car.

-Chris
Old 01-09-2001, 09:30 AM

I love my A4 -------------------------------------------------------NO RICECAKES FOREVER
Old 01-09-2001, 09:39 AM

that was the best post i have ever read, and it is so true.
Old 01-09-2001, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet that Razor had a coffee can tail pipe! Hope he wore a helmet
Old 01-09-2001, 10:26 AM

Default I see you're point, but disagree with you....

Back when I had a '98 civic EX, (4-5 months ago) There were many cars that I should not have been able to outrun, but since Mine was extensively modified, I could take with ease. When I bought the car, I didn't have the money to buy an Audi or BMW or anything comparable. I eventually started making more money and decided to modify the civic instead of buying a luxury sport sedan, or something else. So I put a Greddy Turbo kit on it and did various other engine mods (don't really feel like listing them all here, not to mention don't want to bore you all). I had my car dyno'd at dave's honda haven in memphis TN. 237HP at the front wheels, I am having problems finding my dyno print-out, but i beleive it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 195ft/lbs of torque. Due to the weight advantage, I had absolutely no problem outrunning A4's and made pretty light work of S4's. Now I admit that It took alot of work/mods/money to make that car run like that, but my whole point of this post is, why bust on everyone who doesn't like the same things that we do. True now I drive an A4 and I Couldn't possibly go back to driving a honda civic, but I don't Bust or flame or whatever the drivers of those cars. Not everyone has $28K+ to spend on a car and then still have money to modify it. I am not taking up for the civic's and the ricers or whatever, but, When you post things just to put down on someone, you are lower than they could ever be. Sorry about the big rant, but, that's just the way I feel about these kinds of posts, and I don't beleive I am alone on this matter. If you can't be positive then........
Old 01-09-2001, 10:45 AM

Default This reminds me of a joke:(long)

a guy in a s4 pulls up next to an old man on a moped, the guy in the S4 rolls down the window and says jokingly "nice ride", the old man has to lean over close to the window to hear the guy but shrugs it off.
Then light turns green, the guy in the S4 punches it, and watches in his rear view mirror as the old man on the moped disappears and laughs out loud, a few seconds later the old man in the moped reappears in the rear view and is gaining on the S4, and now up to 60mph, the S4 is passed by the guy in the moped, stunned the guy in the S4 shifts and punches it, eventually catching the old man and passing him at 90mph, but as before, the moped reappears in the S4's rearveiw and passes the S4 doing well over 120mph, at this moment the S4 puts it into 6th and punches it to 150mph and finally passes the old man on the moped, but just as the man in the S4 thinks he's got the old man, he reappears in the rearview again and is gaining on him fast, befuddled by this the guy in the S4 stops and opens his door to get out and the old man slams into the open door and is thrown from the moped, the guy in the S4 runs over and says "Old man are you okay?" The old man replies "Yes, I am fine but could you pleease undo my suspender from your sidemirror"
Old 01-09-2001, 10:51 AM

lol, that was a good one
Old 01-09-2001, 11:01 AM

Japanese make cool cars man..but I have always loved the German engineering..
Old 01-09-2001, 11:07 AM
Elder Member

Default Dave's Honda Haven? Dave and I are friends.

Dave and I are friends. I do my work at his shop.
I have known him since he came to town. He worked at Acura of Memphis and I worked at Courtesy Honda. He was the NSX Tech. and use to come by at lunch in a NSX he was test driving and let me take it for a spin on the way to lunch(yeah,y'all heard that right!).He handles any transactions I need that require an FFL. Small world.
Old 01-09-2001, 11:26 AM

I don't suppose you guys did it on 355?

Quick Reply: Civic Si Vs Razor Scooter in Rockville MD