A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Clair Parts Express Turmoil???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2000, 03:22 PM
Scott M

Default Clair Parts Express Turmoil???

After a few recommendations for Clair Parts Express, I had my father call them today to enquire about a large parts order (sounds like I'm a 13 year old kid, huh? I'm a BUSY GUY!!). He was told, rather abruptly, that the person who had been handling their "Internet Wholesale" was no longer with the company. He also mentioned that that person was rather "obsessed with that internet thing" and the whole thing had "gotten out of hand." I'm not sure what to think about this, but it definitely turned me away from them. And considering I was about to order roughly $4600 worth of parts...
Old 02-22-2000, 06:48 AM
Mark Burns

Default Re: Clair Parts Express All is Well

Scott

Nothing has changed at Clair Parts Express. In fact things are getting better....

Our new web-site has been active since the first of the year after a year of hard work. The site still has a lot of work still to be done but the functionality is excellent.

All of our personnel are still in place and we are searching for additional Audi VW experienced help to handle the large increased customer workload.

We are trying to take care of all of our customers to the best of our ability 105% of the time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, we'll try harder. I promise!

Somehow we think you have been given some bad information and we'd like to follow it up with you.

By the way, I'm still the person in charge.

Mark Burns
Clair Parts Express
Clair Audi<ul><li><a href="http://www.clairparts.com">http://www.clairparts.com</a</li></ul>
Old 02-22-2000, 07:16 AM
Carlos

Default Different experience here

Well, my order from Clair is just for a couple of CD cartridges, far below your planned purchase. Anyway, as I am having trouble with mail deliveries (I'm in Mexico) I mailed Clair yesterday, exposed the problems, and got a solution....in just 15 minutes.

Now that is what I'd refer as good service!

I've yet to receive my order, but so far my experience has been good enough. I suggest you contact Clair via mail, it's direct, easy, and straightforward.

Good luck.
Old 02-22-2000, 04:27 PM
Scott M

Default Thanks for the Response, Mark!!

I appreciate the response. I'm not sure with whom my father spoke, but the whole situation is all hearsay on my end. I went ahead and ordered my parts today from the local dealer who has offered great service and prices in the past. They had many items in stock that would have probably been rather expensive to ship (ie front bumper cover, fenders, core support, etc).

Once again thanks for clearing the air! Thanks to all the positive response regarding your company, I will look to you in the future!

Scott