A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Clair Parts Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clair Parts Question

I placed what I thought was a simple order from Clair Parts. 1 set of floormats, 1 pack of Exhaust tips, and a pack of valve stem caps. About 2 days after I ordered it I got 2 front floor mats and the valve stem caps. I called and asked where the rear floor mats and the exhaust tips were. He asked a bunch of questions and said that some of the floor mats came from the factory with only two in them, he said he would send out the rear ones that day. The exhaust tips were accidentally not included in the order, but they had record that I ordered them, he said he would send them out. About a week later I get the exhaust tips, no rear floor mats. So I call again. Leave a message and he calls me back and leaves me a message. I finally reach him and he said he threw my information away. So after he finally finds the order he said they forgot to send the floormats and he sent them yesterday. They are not charging me shipping for any of this so I am not having a problem other than it being an inconvenience. So today I go to put on the exhaust tips. In the box it says that I should have received 1 package of Threadlocker 242. I look again in the box and I do not have this. So I read more through the directions and it says to position the tips so that the Audi Sport logo is upright and centered. Well the tips do not have the Audi Sport Logo! I didn't even know they were supposed to, but after reading it, that sounds cool. So I called them back and left another message and am waiting for them to call back. So getting to my simple question, are these real Audi exhaust tips since they don't have the Audi Sport logo?? Also is this kind of service typical of Clair Parts? It just seems like they are doing a lot of work and shipping for a simple order.
Old 04-04-2001, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Doesnt seem too typical of Clairparts...

I havent ever had any problems with them like that. Also, my floor mats all came at once, i thought they were sold in sets like that. As for the exhaust tips, i dont know...their website doesnt say anything about the logo, does it? I didnt think it did.
Old 04-04-2001, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'm glad you brought that up.. I just ordered stuff last week.

I ordered RS4 grill, Audi chair, Audi mug and they said the grill was backordered and they don't have an ETA.. So they won't ship my other stuff till the backorder comes in.. ugh.. i want my coffee in my audi mug!
Old 04-04-2001, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default don't know about you all but..

did that part guy sounds very impatient??

He is not to the point of being rude..

just impatient...

Kenny
Old 04-04-2001, 08:07 PM

Default Re: don't know about you all but..

Yeah I would say that describes the guy I talked too. Actually that describes all the people who I have spoken to there. I mean I could see if I were ordering something complicated but I think this a pretty simple order. I got the first package in 2 days, I was pretty impressed at first.
Old 04-04-2001, 08:31 PM

Default No logos on Tips.

Just got mine today. Plain Chrome. But I did get the Threadlock. Its the regular LocTite Blue stuff.

I had placed my order on March 27 through BorderFree.com