A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Clear corners are a hassle (semi-long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-1998, 03:55 PM
CH

Default Clear corners are a hassle (semi-long)

I got home last night happy to see that my clear corners from "elle tech" came in. I started with the left corner (looking head on) and that went in pretty easy. I removed the safety clips since they didn't hook in like the stock one did. The right side however was a major pain. As I was sliding the clear housing in it got jammed. It took me a few minutes to realize that the clip length was too long and was preventing the assembly from clicking on. After about a 1/2 hour sawing the plastic with a rather dull hack-saw it finally clicked in securely. Oh well, just thought I'd share. They look pretty good though!<p>CH<br>99 1.8TQM
Old 12-10-1998, 04:43 PM
Cameron

Default Rar, another victim...

CH,<p>You've got a problem. I did the same thing you did, with lights from LLtek, sawed and filed, finally got them to look good. Then I stopped quickly getting off the highway and my left corner lamp decided to jump onto the road next to a police car. Oops. Those clips are there for a reason. I got ticketed for improper or deceptive use of a turn signal device, cop never showed up in court. Get the Bosch units and return the bad ones to LLtek. The Bosch ones clip in and the replacement takes less than five minutes.<p>Cameron
Old 12-10-1998, 08:55 PM
CH

Default The main clip locked in, but the switch that goes side to side doesn't go under at all(more)

Cameron, did you get them replaced my LLtek?
Old 12-10-1998, 09:53 PM
Cameron

Default You'll never get them to admit what they sent you was crap (more)

They'll say you changed the goods from their shipped state.<p>But they didn't work in their shipped state.<p>Tough, we only warranty the shipped state.<p>But I had to modify them to get them to fit at all.<p>Tough, modifications cannot be anticipated and we cannot restock items Joe Smith has modified, how can we guarantee their quality to our customers?<p>Because you can't guarantee this stuff to customers anyway since non-fitting parts made in Taiwan from horrible molds are mentioned nowhere in your shiny catalog that I waited so long for, by the way, who are you to be talking about guarantees?<p>You're the one who called asking about some imaginary guarantee to a return policy on modified goods.<p>You're extremely unhelpful.<p>We're sorry that your customer service experience has been less than satisfactory, but...<p>Good luck if you try to have this conversation,<br>Cameron
Old 12-11-1998, 05:39 AM
P. Harden

Default Bosch clear corners fit perfectly

I purchased a set of clear corners from Clair and they fit perfectly. They took about 10 minutes to install.
Old 12-11-1998, 06:43 AM
MichaelB

Default I've seen both, and...

The Bosch are an EXACT fit. I have the Bosch on my car and they took less than 10 minutes to install. The safety clips slipped into the proper slot perfectly. <p>The LLTek were a different story altogether. Someone from the NE A4 Group bought them and I helped him install them. They didn't fit nearly as well as the Bosch. Also, it was VERY obvious that the safety clips were not designed to fit into the slots. If I remember correctly, the clips didn't have the little locking tabs molded into them. Anyway, your experience would have been night and day with the Bosch.<p>It is very disappointing to hear about these negative experiences with LLTek. Especially the fact that they don't seem to be backing their product.<p>Mike
Old 12-11-1998, 06:45 AM
MichaelB

Default Oops, almost forgot...

One of the retaining clips actually broke off the LLTek corners from us trying to force it into the factory slot.
Old 12-11-1998, 06:47 AM
Johnny B.

Default Re: Oops, almost forgot...

How much did you pay for the Bosch clear corners?
Old 12-11-1998, 07:12 AM
CraigB

Default Here's a great deal (link)...

Courtesy of MichaelB and the NE A4 Group. I got this discout on the clear corners and side markers; haven't seen a better price.<p>CraigB<ul><li><a href="http://www.autobahnint.com/AIM_store/Html/A4/noreast.htm">Autobahn Int (clear corners/sides)</a></li></ul>
Old 12-11-1998, 07:36 AM
DaveL

I bought with this deal also, but be aware that the side markers are often on back order.

Quick Reply: Clear corners are a hassle (semi-long)