A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Clutch problem...help please*

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problem...help please*

So as i posted a couple of days ago, my clutch started acting weird. Whenever i give it a light pressure or even when foot resting on the pedal, you can feel the vibration and shaking.

Some people suggested that the clutch might be worn out.

Anyhow, yesterday night, the clutch started to slip under rapid acceleration. I figure the clutch is on the way out. However, this morning, the clutch is completely out. It is so hard to get in any gear, even if im in 1st gear, the clutch is barely gripping. So the car is resting at the shop now, the mechanics will check it out tmr.

So now, should i go ahead and order the clutch? I currently have Werks of Art stage 2 Clutch and Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel.

If the clutch is really out, what do you guys recommend for replacement? Should i replace my flywheel as well? More importantly, what issues am i experiencing?

Im BT, so i don't think i can go back to my stock clutch. Anything will help guys, thx very much in advance~
Old 10-19-2006, 05:45 AM
Mr Mc Feely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one more time..

now with it slipping its ready to let it go.. your pressure plate could be bad, causing the chatter/vibration.. your disc could be toast in part to that, causing the slip, and the priction surface could be bad on the LWFW (you can replace just the surface)

Get a new clutch. Get a 034 motorsports clutch kit (minus the FW if possible) email joe@axismotorsport.com ask if the kit will work with a Fidanza if you dont want to give it up.. This clutch will hold over 400bhp you should be just fine.

If the 034 will not work with a LWFW go SouthBend OFE

Cheers,
Joel