A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Color Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-1999, 11:25 AM
tk2x

Default Color Help

Folks..I have ordered a Santorin Blue A4, but I<br>am having second thoughts - I have seen the car<br>in black and I really like how it looks. Seems<br>like more of a "pure" color. I was initially<br>scared about having a black car (my last one was<br>black), but I think the blue wouldn't be<br>much better.<p>So, should I stick with the blue or go with black?<br>Also, what about ebony vs. straight brilliant black?<p>hellllpppp meeeeee<br>
Old 07-02-1999, 11:42 AM
MARK

Re: Color Help
Old 07-02-1999, 11:50 AM
HJohn

Default Some thoughts.......

Black is the most formal color. Blue is very elegant too, but I think it has just a bit more "sport" in it.<p>As far as keeping the colors looking nice, blue is only a little better than black. I'd guess Volcano black would be about the same maintenance as blue, but sacrificing a bit of the "purity" in the process.<p>Whatever you decide, it will look great.<p>Good luck.<p>John<br>99.5 1.8tqms
Old 07-02-1999, 11:52 AM
tk2x

Very good summary. Guess I should just think it over some more.
Old 07-02-1999, 11:52 AM
Mark Pogers

Default Re: Color Help

Stick with the blue. While all dark colors are hard to keep clean, if you're gonna go dark, go for either the blue or green. Personally, of the 3, I would choose the blue. However, my overall favorites are with the silver and the Casablanca White. The white is also hard to keep clean, so I will be buying my '00 in silver.<p>I've always loved yellow cars and was going to buy one, but now that the purchase is becoming reality, silver is my path. If the A4's yellow was that from the GTi3 Driver's Edition, I would have a hard decision. For some reason, Audi/VW chose to pick FUGLY shades of yellow. The beetle/A4/Porche yellow is too pale and the new Golf IV is nasty-rusty.<p>It's been a while since I updated it, but here's my "Tribute to Yellow Autos" page:<p>http://www.rpi.edu/~pogerm/PHOTO/YELLOW/yellow.html<p>Mark
Old 07-02-1999, 11:54 AM
Mark Pogers

Default whoops, here's the link...

<br>link...<ul><li><a href="http://www.rpi.edu/~pogerm/PHOTO/YELLOW/yellow.html">http://www.rpi.edu/~pogerm/PHOTO/YELLOW/yellow.html</a></li></ul>
Old 07-02-1999, 12:23 PM
Bob D.

Default My $.02

I have owned a black A4. I now own a pearl A4. I will not be getting another black Audi (or any other car for that matter). Because of the fact that I am fussier than most and more willing to spend a sizeable chunk of my time detailing, I figured that I could handle the extra work having a black car would entail. Boy was I wrong. During the winter the car always had salt and water water stains. During the summer it was bugs. Even with weekly washing and monthly waxings the finish aged rapidly. I do not suggest black if the car is going to see high mileage or be parked outside.<p>Bob; 98 1.8TQM, Wett
Old 07-02-1999, 12:35 PM
Drew S.

Default Every car comes in black. Only Audi offers Santorin Blue!

I love my Santorin Blue A4 and I get many compliments on the color.<p>Drew S.<br>98.5 Santorin Blue A4 2.8 qm<br>
Old 07-02-1999, 12:36 PM
Andreas

Re: Got for the blue. I love the Santorin blue, it looks different with different lighting. And it isn't as bad as black to keep clean. Also, EVERYBODY has a Silver A4...
Old 07-02-1999, 12:46 PM
Henry Audi (KLHI)

&quot;You can get a car in any color as long as it's Santorin Blue.

Quick Reply: Color Help