A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

CT are A4orger's -- dealer/mechanic question ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-1999, 11:54 AM
Jon

Default CT are A4orger's -- dealer/mechanic question ...

Can anyone give me feedback on these 4 dealerships:<p> Continental Motors, Inc - Fairfield, CT 06430<br> Danbury Audi - Danbury, CT 06810<br> Pray Audi Corporation - Greenwich, CT 06830<br> Audi of Huntington - Huntington, NY 11743<p>Or, can you reccommend any independent Audi/German Car mechanics? My fiancee and I may be moving to the Fairfield County (westport) area in September.<p>Thanks,<br>Jon<br>'96 A4qs
Old 07-12-1999, 12:20 PM
KarlB

Default Re: Got my car at Pray

I bought my used 97 A4 1.8Tq from Pray Audi. It was driven by Pray's Service Manager for a year but still had a lot of mileage left under the warranty and free service. All the service was excellent. They made repairs without any questioning or hesitation (replaced rear axle seals, trip odometer instrument cluster). I have since exceeded the warranty and free service and haven't been back (I change my own oil). I will go back for the timing belt change ($600 estimate), because I have more confidence in them than in a regular garage. There may be service stations around Greenwich that have experience on Audis, but I think they are just as expensive. If anyone knows of any independent reasonable service stations around Greenwich that are proficient in working on Audis I would be pleased to hear from you.
Old 07-13-1999, 09:32 AM
DavidG

Default Feedback on Danbury Audi ...

I bought my car from Danbury Audi and have had my first 5K service there as well. The sales experience was fairly uneventful. I was referred there by autobytel and so already had a decent starting price and negotiated to my final price quickly ($26K, for a car with $28320 sticker). No hassles.<p>I found the service visit to be very pleasant. In addition to the routine maintenance, I also requested to have my remote reprogrammed and the service manager basically just said fine and did it without extra charge. The service area seemed clean and the car came back without any cosmetic damage or grease on the interior.<p>They did, however, forget to rotate my tires, costing me a return visit. However, they were very embarrassed and apologetic and the service manager had a talk with the tech afterward to be more careful.
Old 07-13-1999, 04:25 PM
J. Girard

Default Re: CT are A4orger's -- dealer/mechanic question ...

Although I have no experience with the dealers in the area you mentioned I do have experience with Valenti Audi in Watertown (25-30 mins up I84) and with an independant mechanic in Naugatuck, Lee at "My Garage"...<br>Lee is said by almost everyone I talk to to be probably the best German car man in CT. <br>Valenti Audi in Watertown has gone above and beyond my expectations in the service dept and I highly recommend them... My cousin who has previously worked with Lee now works at Valenti as well...<br>Your estimate for the timing belt may be abit high... I was told by the service writer at Valenti (Charles Jazina) that the job would be around $350...<br>