A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Damn, I can't sleep. And my A4 is parked on the streets of Brooklyn!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2001, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Damn, I can't sleep. And my A4 is parked on the streets of Brooklyn!

I went out tonight in NYC, and for some reason, I decided to drive into Manhattan -- knowing full well that my parking garage in Brooklyn is locked at the early hour of 1am.
So when I got back to Brooklyn at 4am, I had to park her on the street. It is a safe area -- I am not worried about the car getting stolen or broken into. The biggest fear I have is people bumping my car, and scuff the bumpers, when they try to fit into a tight parking spot. But my parking spot is pretty big -- no other cars on top of my bumper like is all too common around here.

Combination of thinking about my car, and the fact that I drank too much coffee -- I just cannot get to sleep. And here it is, the sun is about to rise. Damn.

At this rate, if I stay up much longer, I can move my car into the parking garage when they unlock it again at 8am.

Good night (morning?)

-- Peter
Old 01-14-2001, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm awake in NYS too.

I woke up about 4AM. My car however is in my personal garage. Just can't sleep.
Old 01-14-2001, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You don't know a Chris Volpe do you?
Old 01-14-2001, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No, but I know people who do. (m)

All my life people have asked me if I am related to a Chris Volpe on Staten Island. Usually guys on my little league baseball teams, who all went to the local Staten Island schools.
(I went to a snooty private school in Brooklyn for grade 5 through high school.)

Talk about a small world...
His mother and my mother have the same first name so people would often call their house instead of ours, looking for my mom. (We have an unlisted phone numer.)

Then my mother finally met this other woman through a friend of mine at high school who knew the family. And they laughed about all the wrong numbers they got for each other.

Then years later, my mom's best friend's daughter dated Chris for a while.

That is, of course, you are referring to the same Chris Volpe -- whom I still have never met.

Now for the Audi content in this post...
After only 2 hours of sleep, I am about to get my car OFF the streets of Bay Ridge, and go to mom's house on Staten Island, where I have my driveway.
I HOPE nothing happened to my car.

-- PETER Volpe
Old 01-14-2001, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do. Lives in Detroit-drives an Explorer-just rolled it. Seriously.
Old 01-14-2001, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not sure...

I am in upstate NY. He works with me and I'm not sure where he came from. He is maybe 36.

I just don't ever remember hearing Volpe except for you 2.
Old 01-14-2001, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Probably not the same...

The Chris Volpe from Staten Island, to whom I was referring, is much closer to my age -- 27/28ish.

Where in "upstate" are you? I went to school at SUNY Albany, and my family owns a house in Saratoga. I'm looking forward to going back upstate -- I love it up there. NYC really gets to me after a while. And I want to upgrade my sports suspension ?!?!?! After driving around last night/this morning I am thinking of getting the AllRoad, or raising the suspension on my A4!!

If you are in the Cap Dist, where do you take your car to be serviced? I know a few good shops in the area for custom work.
(I would assume that you use Langan for warranty work.)

Cheers,
Peter
Old 01-14-2001, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm in Schenectady...

I haven't had my car that long and did my only mod at awe in philly. I would be glad to hear about your experiences. And yes i use Langan East for warranty. The service manager sounded mod ok but that was just my feeling.