A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Dashcommand and stock boost psi

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashcommand and stock boost psi

I just bought a 2001 A4 and was curious about the stock boost. I've been using Dashcommand on my iPod and it shows around 15psi. I think that's kinda high. Either the app is wrong or the previous owner chipped it. Does anyone here use this app? If so what is your boost?

I just received my Vag-Com and I haven't checked if it reads boost or not.

http://www.palmerperformance.com/pro...hone/index.php

Steve
Old 03-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sprof
I just bought a 2001 A4 and was curious about the stock boost. I've been using Dashcommand on my iPod and it shows around 15psi. I think that's kinda high. Either the app is wrong or the previous owner chipped it. Does anyone here use this app? If so what is your boost?

I just received my Vag-Com and I haven't checked if it reads boost or not.

http://www.palmerperformance.com/pro...hone/index.php

Steve
well with my 2000 A4 which i chipped has 15 psi, im pretty sure stock is around 7.5 psi
Old 03-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. I was just watching a log file and it peaked at 15.3 psi just driving normally. I'll have to log it with Vag-Com to verify. It would be a nice suprise if it is chipped. I haven't driven any other A4s to compare.

Steve
Old 03-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. I was just watching a log file and it peaked at 15.3 psi just driving normally. I'll have to log it with Vag-Com to verify. It would be a nice suprise if it is chipped. I haven't driven any other A4s to compare.

Steve
yeah that definatley sounds chipped, i just used a gauge ad it was around 15, wouldnt be surprised if it was chipped, very common for these a4s to be chipped and its usualy one of the first things people do to these if they are going to mod it
Old 03-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scottrod
yeah that definatley sounds chipped, i just used a gauge ad it was around 15, wouldnt be surprised if it was chipped, very common for these a4s to be chipped and its usualy one of the first things people do to these if they are going to mod it
Cool. I assume if I open the ECU the name will be on the chip. Since I just bought this car and really haven't had a chance to go under the hood....where can I find the ECU?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cool. I assume if I open the ECU the name will be on the chip. Since I just bought this car and really haven't had a chance to go under the hood....where can I find the ECU?
its been quite a while since i took mine out, i think it is under the black plastic piece that covers the battery, so it is in between the firewall and the engine, infront of the driver i think
Old 03-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Opened the ECU and found no aftermarket chip. Hmm...
Old 03-15-2011, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Opened the ECU and found no aftermarket chip. Hmm...

Sometimes they are flashed, they don't replace the chip. That way the dealer can't see it.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiMick
Sometimes they are flashed, they don't replace the chip. That way the dealer can't see it.
...and neither can the next owner. I don't think it's an APR program since I tried the cruise control procedure found on their site and got no results. Any input as to how I can figure this out? I bought this from a dealer so I may have to find out who the previous owner was and ask.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your vagcom might tell you what tuners flash is in the ecu. But if your hitting 15psi then the ecu has been flashed, stock boost is 11-12psi for your 2001.

Have you logged block 115 with the vag-com?

Quick Reply: Dashcommand and stock boost psi