A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Which dealer in the D.C. are do you like for servicing? I'm close to Rockville Porche Audi but

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-1999, 04:08 PM
alan t.

Default Which dealer in the D.C. are do you like for servicing? I'm close to Rockville Porche Audi but

would drive to Tischer in the Auto Park if people like them. Any other good dealers in the D.C. area? Thanks
Old 07-28-1999, 04:57 PM
Jim D

Default My opinion...

I just had my 5000 mile service done at Rockville and everything went fairly well, but I just felt I wasn't treated that well by the service manager. He made me wait 10 minutes while he finished a personal call (ended "I love you too....) and then didn't know anything about the TSB on recoding the remote.

It took about two hours... oh yeah, I had to request the tire rotation, otherwise he said they usually don't do it. Being the **** person that I am, I checked the oil level (horror stories of overfilling) but it was spot on. They washed the car too.

Next time I might try Heishman's in Arlington, I've heard nothing but good things about their service.

-Jim
1.8T QTS
Old 07-28-1999, 05:41 PM
alan t.

Default Thanks for the info. That place sounds subpar to me. Tire rotation should be done without

request and the service advisor should be fired or at least warned about his behavior. I'll try Tisscher. Thanks for info.
Old 07-29-1999, 03:54 AM
CW Hunter

Default Be careful of VA dealers...

I've gone to both Heishman's and HBL for service. I took my car to Heishman's for it's 7500 service and told them of the sunroof not opening sometimes and the remotes not working when it's cold and parked in a parking garage (sometimes). The guy (sorry, forgot names) looked at me with a "yeah, sure" look and took the car. He promply takes the keys and goes out to the car and unlocks the car with the remote and tries the sunroof and walks back in and says "looks okay to me" and I re-explained what was happening and just got a "you're wasting my time", but finally said that he would look at it and if it continued happening that he would replace the CPU. It kept happening so I took it back and he wouldn't replace the CPU, because he didn't think that's what it was ( should have kept his word, I don't appreciate that) .

Next I took it to HBL for service and told them of the same problem, they replaced some parts in the sunroof and that problem hasn't come back, but what was supposed to take 6 hrs to replace took 3 days and I could not get any call back from the service manager about the status, (they also gave me a grand am as a loaner, why not give me a dump truck, but something is better than nothing). About an hour after I picked up the car, the service manager called me at home to tell me that my car was ready (I had just talked to him an hour ago!) They also gave me new transmitters for the locks, I really don't think that's the problem, but we'll see what happens when it turns cold. They seem to do the work and try, they just had a lousy service manager who did have it together ( I believe he has left HBL, I think his name was Brian, hope they have someone better now)

I'd really like to try Criswell out in Annapolis, that's where I bought the car and the service manager there really knew what he was talking about.
Old 07-29-1999, 04:32 AM
Jon

Default I like Heishman's

Not only have they been very honest about service and propmt, courteous, etc, but they offer a 15% discount on parts and service to Quattro Club USA members, and they sponsor our chapter. I'll miss dealing with them when I move north!

Jon
'96 A4qs
Old 07-29-1999, 04:35 AM
Jon

Default Why should you get a free loaner anyway...

You didn't get the car from them, you got it from Criswell. You should be happy they gave you a car to use. Most places don't give loaners to people who didn't buy from them.

Jon
'96 A4qs
Old 07-29-1999, 05:57 AM
Rhema

Default Re: I'll never go to Rockville again -- go to Tischer or FSK

nt
Old 07-29-1999, 11:19 AM
Rob LaFreniere

Default Rockville

The service department is extremely disinterested in being helpful but when I had my 5000 mile service done 2/99 they did rotate the wheels and said that it's part of the 5000 mile service but thereafter it would be my responsibility.

One other note, do not let them wash your car.
I have had to polish out some fairly servere swirl marks.