A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Dealer Denied me service records - Can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Denied me service records - Can anyone help?

I went to the Audi dealer to get the service records for an 2000 A4 I'm looking at, being sold by a small used dealer. I gave him the VIN and after a few seconds he said he didn't have anything on it because it wasn't bought there. I was told that they don't have access to national Audi dealer service records because of new privacy laws. WHAT?? Privacy means I can't see if crucial work was done??
Now a while back when I bought my used Passat and went in for recall work, the VW dealer brought up all the dealer service records on the computer and showed me.
Is this Audi dealer yanking me because I'm not a customer (which now when daycare ends and I'm ready for my S4 Avant - they won't be getting).
Are there forum members who can find out this information?

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Every Service Advisor at an Audi dealership has access to AccessAudi

which has the dealer service history lookup. Sounds like they just didn't want to help you.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default So they really are available? - Damnit, that bastard.

Does that mean that service records really are available on AccessAudi.com, and there is no "privacy rights" BS concerning giving them out, especially when I have the sale listing showing I'm not just stalking someone.

He started out so cool too, and then I should've seen the change entering his dealer programmed mind. He did say "but we can do the timing belt for around $1200", to which I should've replied, "and I can kick my foot up your a$$", but I thought there was still hope of getting the info at that point.

I'm serious about the S4 too when $2500/month go back into my pocket, and I'm going to write the dealership to let them know they lost the sale.

I guess I'll try another dealer, but now I know to ask for accessaudi info by name so they can't give me the run around.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default dont mention that site as if it were a secret password

it wont make them eager to help you... it will only make you look like a schmuck.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default same thing goes for the off lease website... they never show you full listings just the most

profitable for them to sell you... Is it possible that no auto trans. a4's are available at any time for off lease sale in 2004... Gotta "love" the sales people
Old 01-13-2006, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default maybe someone can access that site for people, It would be nice to find out the history

I had the samme problem , after buying a used 01 A4. I went to local dealer to find out if my vehicle had its 30K checkup beacause I was at 33k. He looked at his computer and said that hes not allowed to give information out. Well, I guess they wont be getting my work.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well I wrote a letter to dealer

I wrote a very tasteful and informative letter to them, by the way this is Bernardi in Natick, MA.
I simply stated they can certainly choose not to help out potential customers, but they will pay the price for that by losing my practically guaranteed business in 2 years.

I will never buy a car from them now. Oh, and I'm a Bernardi customer who previously bought a new VW from their VW dealership down the street. I will also tell anyone I know not to go to them since we have plenty of Audi dealers around, and they gave me evidence that their service is extrordinarily costly. I'm a perfect exmple. A fan who can only buy used at the moment, but eventually I'll buy new. Don't they get it, its business 101.