A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

The dealer I bought my car from promised new tires...(not short)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The dealer I bought my car from promised new tires...(not short)

but when the owner of the dealership told me they were UPS'ed to my local dealer and someone signed for them I started to wonder. The local dealership just moved to a new building so I thought that maybe in the more they lost track of them, they're settled in and still no sign of them.

Then, after three weeks of waiting, the owner was going to fax over the copy of the signed UPS order. Just tonight I got off the phone with someone who answered the phone, because the owner was "too busy", and said the owner said that I should just find a set of tires and they would reimburse me for the tires. Well this time I'm going to need this in writing. How do you think I should approach this??

All of this is because the none of the tires on the car have a matching tread depth. The local service manager said he wouldn't have let it pass the Audi Assured, so I contacted the dealership and it sounded like a done deal.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:02 PM

Get it in writing that they will reimburse you and then buy the most expensive set of tires you find
Old 05-13-2002, 09:02 PM
Elder Member

Get an estimate and let 'em cut you a check and afterwards go have 'em put on.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default They already paid my first Warranty deductible because

of what they missed on the inspection. Blown bearing in my turbo, at least it wasn't something big,lol. They used a credit card to pay the local dealer for deductible and the rental car for the weekend, Pontiac

Anyway I might just have the local dealer negociate a deal for me. I think they just as annoyed with me calling them all the time asking if the tires were in.

It's too bad I only have 15's, not too much to choose from since I need the all-seasons.

Yes I did think about buying new rims and letting the dealership foot the bill, not enough cash to do that though.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So What tires should I get??
Old 05-13-2002, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default First off how far is the first deal? Second, are you still on good terms with them? long

Can you handle dealing with a dealer that is crooked? I used to sell cars for a un-named dealer in Cincinnati, who would say one thing and never do it. I left there with in 2 days. If I were you I would not call anyone, I would drive down there and make they tell you to your face that they are going to pay you back then have them put it in writting somthing with the company letter head not a blank paper, make sure it is dated and signed by more then one person at the dealer. Then go to the closes tire dealer buy the best tires that will fit your car ( order would be better ) then go back to the dealer that same day show them the bill ( work order ) get the check, go back cancel the tire order ( paying the 25 buck restock fee. Then get the hell out of dodge and buy the tires you want from some one you can trust. Most dealers are in with the local tire and rim guys, so they can get nice wheels on car to jack up the prices, so if you tell the tire shop what you are doing they might know the dealer and let him know about your plan. Or you could ask the tire shop if they deal with the Audi guys down the street if they don't then tell them that you need a work order print up of haveing 4 tires mounted balanced and anything else they would sugest having done at that time and when you take that to the deal to get the check then go back and have it done, but GET THE MONEY FIRST!!!, you have to look at this way it might be an AUDI but you did buy it from a CAR SALESMAN, I was one and there are others on here, we made (make) our money off of the differance of what we pay to what you pay and if we have to buy new tires for that car when it comes out of our pocket so we ( the dealer ) will fight as much as they can. But as far as I know they have no leagal ground to stand on here, they say you say, but they car is marked AUDI Cert. and it is not so they are at fault,,,( I am not a lawyer so don't take my word for it) I need to shut up now, take what I say as a grain of salt,,,,Later.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The dealership I bought it from is four hours away, my local dealership is ten minutes away

I'm not trying to make any money, I just want a set of safe tires to drive on that's not going to wreck my Quattro diffs becuase of varying tire diameters.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:57 PM

I'll sell you my 16's - 5 spoke