A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Dealership HORROR story...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBB link

<ul><li><a href="http://www.bbb.com/">BBB</a></li></ul>
Old 08-28-2002, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Like I said, this isn't Mark's normal attitude. It would be interesting to hear his side of this.

You need to decide if you want it fixed, or just want to vent. If you dump crap all over them at this point, they don't have much incentive to make it right for you. I'm not saying either of you are right or wrong, just trying to focus on fixing the problem and having it done right.

You need to use an angle that motivates people. Yeah, a stick works, but a carrot usually makes a better job of it. Call Mark and tell him nicely that you're in hard position of either making his life difficult via AoA ( etc ), or getting this handled before it gets to that. Let him know you are looking for a solution, not a pms session. You need to know what it is you want from him at that point. Apology ? Referal to another dealer for repairs ? Anything else ?????

It seems very odd that the car wasn't test driven before being handed over. That is why I asked which tech did your job. Some are better than others. It also seems you might be GIAC chipped ( your picture poster ), so you might be in a delicate position of him claiming the extra power from the chip wore out the clutch sooner than normal and thus technically not covered under warranty. He may be viewing it as having done a favour for you and not reporting you to AoA.

If you have the car corrected there, ask that Lou do the correction. He isn't petty in the slightest and is very conciencous, so he isn't take out anything on your car. He is the most senior tech there and usually doesn't work on modified cars because he likes them stock or close to it.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default The dealership is in an Auto mall that is an association. Private property - no picketing on private

property.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:15 AM

Default Re: man, thats horrible. i would call AOA as it seems the stealership are a bunch of idiots

If you gonna call AOA your wasting you time and breath they are there so you complain to them first and not the bbb or consumer protection it give them a heads up so they can get your car in and look at it do a quick fix but not to repair it so when the problem happen again and it will you'll finally get fed up and call BBB or consumer protection and after weeks of bull**** you'll find out when you brought you car in to have them look at it they fufilled there obligation by state law and then the BBB or Consumer protection will rule in there favor let's not forget audi pays the BBB &amp; Consumer Protection believe i know first hand all about AOA what audi is doing is scamming there customers. Your better off finding a good mechanic and chalk it up as a lost but never return to the dealership.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Marck has been at that dealer for something 15/20 years. I've never seen him be unreasonable.

what's the rest of the story here ?
Old 08-28-2002, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I've seen BPVs installed backwards, fans missing, etc. Not at Commonwealth, but it was dealership

work that was being fixed by AMS.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:20 AM
Elder Member

Default Arch, do you ask for a specific service guy/writer?

i've asked for jon savo before, but who knows who is really working on the car

I specifically ask to do a walk around the car before and after service to check for any damage- I hadn't thought to check under the hood.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:22 AM

Default Ok listen..

First off the tech knew I had a bodykit, lowered, exhaust, and a T28 turbo upgrade. I'm not here to bitch and moan but to only vent because my problems were not correctly resolved after I gave him the chance to. I specifically told him upfront, I'm not trying to bust your ***** or knock on your tech for the wood he left there. I just want to fix the issue that the dealership has created. That simple. I told him exactly to fix the noise and everything would be Kosher. Instead his face flipped and automatically began pointing the finger at my car and I, which they knew was modified from the start and agreed to work on it. If they would have said no we can't work on it, but now they entered a legally binding contract by me signing the paperwork and dropping my car off for repair. Instead they break my car, give me attitude and tell me to get lost. What would you do in this scenario........please do tell.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:37 AM

Default Definetely contact AOA. Even if you don't want to bring you car back there to get fixed, it may

help others in the future. If AOA takes action against them, maybe they'll be more careful in the future. Also, you don't have to go to that particular dealership to get the problem fixed.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default We also have to realize that we are a specific group and are much harder to please than..

a regular customer. We expect everything to go perfectly. I relized this when I bought my audi, that it wasn't the car it was me. I had the same types of issues with my last car and the dealer was just as incompetent in my eyes. I don't think I will ever get satisfaction from any dealer or service dept. because my expectations are too high.

Quick Reply: Dealership HORROR story...