A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Diablo Audi Service - Boy am I pissed right now!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-1999, 07:38 AM
Joe Lucchio

Default Diablo Audi Service - Boy am I pissed right now!

Sorry, but I have to vent. We dropped off the A4 Avant for it's 10,000 mile service this morning at Diablo Audi in Concord, CA where we bought it and I brought in the TSB and John's list of codes to have my remotes reprogrammed. I told the service guy that I wanted the remotes programmed and he said he couldn't do it. Then I showed him the TSB and he said they would. However, they wouldn't do anything but the lock/unlock feature which was listed on the TSB - I really wanted the window up/down feature more than anything. He then proceeded to give a few lines of BS about how they couldn't program the modules based on the stuff on the "internet" as it was just some guy messing around with the coding, and that if they did, it may make the car run rich or cause other problems which they could be liable for, and that if they did what I asked, Audi would pull thier franchise. GIVE ME FRIGGEN BREAK! He said he had spoken to Audi many times on this, but wasn't even aware of the TSB! I am so pissed right now, as my options are limited for service due to where I live. Any suggestions? I am going to call AoA to find out what is really going on here. Are the Codes in the Bently/Service Manual? Thanks for any help.
Old 07-28-1999, 07:42 AM
stan

Default You had waring Diablo=Devil(nt.)

nt.
Old 07-28-1999, 08:10 AM
John Davies

Default Re: Diablo Audi Service (more)

You need to calm down for a minute and try to look at it from his point of view. Sure, as a businessman he should do all he is able to help his customers. But on the other hand, he obviously has not done this sort of stuff before and if HE screws up you and Audi will have HIS ***. It's HIS *** he is protecting - you would do the same in his shoes. I don't know whether the stuff about Audi pulling his dealership is true - it sounds like a line to me.

I can understand his reluctance to do technical modifications to a sophisticated new vehicle based on "someone's" codes. That is just common sense. If I were a dealer I would not touch that with a 10 ft pole. UNLESS......

You could supply him with a signed letter stating that you want him to do the work, described in DETAIL, and that you will hold his dealership blameless, and will PAY FOR any problems arising from the modification that are beyond his control.

He should have no reluctance to do the work if you give him such a letter. If you are not willing to accept those terms you will either have to find a dealer who will do the work or forget about it.

John Davies
Old 07-28-1999, 08:33 AM
JMorrison

Default Run away! Aren't TSBs originated by Audi? Let AOA know, then find an Audi service dept that is more

nt
Old 07-28-1999, 08:40 AM
MAC

Default - Boy am I pissed right now, also!

If it make you feel any beter let me share my upsetting experience. I order an A4 through carorder.com -they can't find the one that I want, but then the dealer they're working with has a fully loaded one (more options than I really wanted) in my color. So I say o.k. since I'm getting such a good deal I'll take it. But wait there's a descrepency about the price. Rather than just adding the invoiced options to the total to my other order, the final price comes in about 500.00 over. So while I'm trying to figure the appropriate price between carorder.com and the dealer - some dick at the delaership trades the car to another dealer - even when my salemans name was on the car for his control. I'm just a little pissed!!!!!!! Right when you think it's going to get finalized and everything will work out - Bam! Slam! Though "Persistance will get you the distance" Neil Peart - Rush
Old 07-28-1999, 10:46 AM
Dewey

Default Re: Diablo Audi Service - These guys are ex-Yugo service technicians

My sympathy to you and to me too! I always wonder where Audi dealers pick their service technicians. Please forget the AoA...they're just as worthless as the dealers. Been through this many times before!
Old 07-28-1999, 12:24 PM
Alex M.

Default Re:My appointment is tomorrow ......

Well, I guess that means I'm not getting my code changed either. I'm going to give it a try and we'll see what happens. By the way, other that the code problem how was the service? It's my first service and I'm a little worried about Diablo being mainly a Lincoln Mercury dealer. I'm also not so happy about the 20 mile reverse commute drive just to get to the service and get a loaner. Was the service OK (other than the codes) or should I just find a new dealer?

Alex M.
Old 07-28-1999, 01:27 PM
Joe Lucchio

Default Re:My appointment is tomorrow ......

Well, the service advisor ( I use the term loosely) that I have dealt with both times - 5,000 and 10,000 service hasn't a clue. When I brought my 15-50 Mobil One in the first time, he first said that they wouldn't install it as he said the factory recommended 20-45 weight oil. Huh? Anyway, I finally convinced him to install the oil. I am definitely going to find a new place - maybe livermore or somewhere. Who knows. I will let everyone know what AoA says tommorrow as I have placed a call.
Old 07-28-1999, 01:44 PM
Alex M.

Default Re:Thanks for the info!

nt
Old 07-28-1999, 01:49 PM
Steve S.

Default Super Shuper recommended Livermore for service

Email me if you want to know "who" super shuper is...

Steve S.
97 2.8QM

P.S. It is not me...