A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

DO NOT BUY FROM Audspeed/Central turbos Located in So. Florida he also sells on ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DO NOT BUY FROM Audspeed/Central turbos Located in So. Florida he also sells on ebay.

DO NOT BUY FROM Audspeed/Central turbos Located in So. Florida he also sells on ebay.
Some of you may have seen my previous post http://audizine.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=114772

Well here is the update, if you look at the pics. you will see a destroyed KO4 cartridge. They were in my car for less than a month and less than 2500 miles. On the day they started making noise I drove 4 miles to drop my kid at daycare, I did not even turn the car off, on my way home I heard a grinding noise and the car had no power. I picked up the phone and called my mechanic. He told me to call Rubin (Audspeed/Central turbos), I called him and told him what was happening, IMMEDIATLY he said I broke them because he saw me driving HARD. WTF? I told him that is why I put larger turbos in the car, I want to drive hard! He tried to blame the chip, the oil lines, my right foot, basically everything but the turbos. After argueing for a while, he said that if the mechanic, who btw is his friend took them out and the damage was not caused by me he would warranty them. I told him to get some new cartrigdes and I waited 3 weeks for an opening in the shop, not driving the car at all. When the turbos were removed the mechanic called me to look at them, he and I both agreed there was nothing I could have done to cause the damage. I called Rubin (Audspeed/Central turbos) and told him to go and look at his turbos, he did not bother to go but did call. The mechanic told him the same thing he told me "it was not my fault or the car" Rubin said "Well I guess now I will have to send them back To Borg Warner" the mechanic the said "I thought that is what you told Sean you were going to do". To me that meant he he no intentions of sending them back, he just wanted to charge me for another set! for 3 weeks after that he would not answer the phone, then a couple of days ago when the car was finished I paid the mechanic for the labor and told him to tell Rubin I was not paying for the new cartridges. He then said he would meet to discuss the problem, three days I waited over an hour for him and he did not show. On sat. morning I get a call that he is at the shop could I come talk to him, so I did. In our mostly one sided discussions, he is a horrible business person but also a F---ing idiot, he said I owed him the money for the replacement CHRA's When the shop owner tried to help and asked if he could do anything on the price until Borg Warner sent the report, Rubin said "I'm only making $50 or $100 on each of the new units". WTF afterall these are supposed to be under a 1 year warranty and I just had to pay out of my *** for LABOR TWICE! I had to leave the shop because I felt if I stayed I would be arrested for what I was about to do. I will be taking other action against him soon enough but I wanted to share this and spare anyone else from dealing with this person or business.

Share with your friends he sells VW parts as well!
Sorry it was so long.
Sean

Ko4 hybrids, GIAC Stage 3-, no precats, Custom Exhaust 3",Level ten TC, Custom Tranny Cooler, Autometer Center vent boost guage, OEM RS4 bumper and grill, FI CF hood, H&R coilovers, Zimmerman Drilled and slotted F&R, B7 AVUS wheels w/5mm H&R spacers

Last edited by B18b1ex on 09-11-2006 at 03:00 AM
Old 09-10-2006, 04:54 PM

Paragraphs.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Sounds like your garden variety scumbag
Old 09-10-2006, 04:57 PM

Science major for a reason.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:14 PM

Hitting 'enter' or 'return' three times would get more people to read your message.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:26 PM

you're most likely correct, I was just trying to look out for others.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:27 PM

Default It's appreciated. I always find the bad experiences with a company posts interesting...

I just can't read a conglomerate of text.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Re: DO NOT BUY FROM Audspeed/Central turbos Located in So. Florida he also sells on ebay.

Sean treat me a life when I said that the turbos needs to go to warranty before he gets a new pair. Also he ACCUSED me that I changed his front bumper while his car was at the shop. Dont know what heck he was trying with that but you guys take your own conclusions.... We'll get back with AUDIZINE Members in week when we have a warranty report from Borg Warner on his turbos. As we explain to him as long the warranty is provide he will get new units. Thank you all.... feel free to contact us anytime about issues/warranty/sales/questions @954-822-3654<ul><li><a href="http://www.audspeed.com">http://www.audspeed.com</a</li></ul>
Old 09-12-2006, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Engrish?