A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Do not use PRestige Imports body shop, read experience and letter i am sending them

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not use PRestige Imports body shop, read experience and letter i am sending them

February 3, 2003

Prestige Imports, INC
1590 Dover
Lakewood, CO 80215
303-238-7391

Dear Prestige Imports,

I am writing to you in regards of the service that you tried to provide me on Jan 21, 2003. I am very unhappy with your service. When I first got the estimate Jess Harmon told me 4-5 days. After calling several times I was told was Jan 28, at the latest. I also called just about every other day if not more to find out how my car was coming along. Every time that I contacted Prestige Imports, I was told different dates my car would be done. I was never contacted on when my car would be done and when I did call I was told my car would be done at the end of the week. Also every time I would leave a voice message it would take almost a day for me to get a call back. I am from Steamboat Springs which is about 3 hours from Lakewood, so I had to rent a car for a week, thinking I would be able to bring it back early since there really was not too much damage to my car. On Monday, I was told that just the window rubber needed to be replaced and that they were going to get the window tinted today (Monday Jan 27,2003) so it would be ready Tuesday around 3pm the latest.
Well, to make a long story short, the car was not ready at 3pm; the window was still not tinted. The rental car I rented needed to be back, but since my car was not ready I had to call and add on an extra day which was double the price since I did it last minute. To make matters worse when the car was picked up after being there for eight days it was still not ready at 10am, which is unbelievable. My boyfriend who was picking up the car had to wait over 30 minutes for the window to be tinted, which I was told would have been done on Monday. So when he received and paid for the car, not everything was even fixed. The whole electronic panel, for the heat, fog lights, etc was still not working. When I brought it in for the estimate for the first time and Jess Harmon did the estimate he had the electronic problem on there. For some reason the estimator from State Farm was not notified of the problem, which I am not sure why, I would think if you saw his estimate you would have asked why it was not on there. Once I found that out I called your company and talked with Mike, who was not customer, friendly at all, he said it was my problem and not Prestige. I disagreed with him and he was not helpful or friendly anytime that I called, and every time I asked for Jess Harmon I was switched over to Mike.
When the car arrived in Steamboat I went to get in the passenger door, and pieces of glass were still in the door well and on the dash and a couple pieces on the floor. I was charged for .5 hours of labor for glass clean up, which was not even done. When I saw this I immediately notified State Farm and let them know how poor and unsatisfied I was with your service.
I had to bring my car to a place up here in Steamboat to fix the electronic part of my car and all they did was reset the electronic panel. You would think you would know to do that, since you work on Audi's. Someone at the shop told my boyfriend that you could not just fix it right there because it would take more then a day. Anyway I am very dissatisfied and annoyed with your business. I went here because, Prestige Audi recommended it, but I will never give you my business again, and will make sure to spread the word. I would like to be compensated at least for the extra day that I had to rent the rental car, which was $44.00 and the glass clean up. I believe a major setback for my car was my sex, age, and my location. I think you took advantage of that, because the work that was done on my car should have taken a maximum of 2 days, if you knew what you were doing. If I am not compensated in some way, I will pursue other actions.

Sincerely,

Bonnie
Old 02-03-2003, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

I've heard plenty of horror stories about them, too. Sorry to hear that.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Sorry to hear. My wife's car has been there twice with great results both times.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:11 AM

Default I can't stand them!!! TO make matters worse they are 3 hours away, sending (more)

a letter to Prestige Audi too, doubt anything will be done, but something better
Old 02-03-2003, 10:15 AM

Default Question... why did you take it to a bodyshop that is 3 hours away?

I'm just curious, did your insurance co tell you that you HAD to go there?
Old 02-03-2003, 10:28 AM

B/c I live in steamboat and didn't trust any shops here with my Audi
Old 02-03-2003, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I had a good experience at Hank's up in Wheatridge...

Oh, BTW - If your hatred of Prestige is great enough, make sure to post this (or a link) on the Rocky Mountain board too!
https://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1272412.phtml">My Older post</a></li></ul>
Old 02-03-2003, 10:53 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Holy crap...rewrite that letter!!

Consider this constructive criticism...this letter reads like a bitch session. Clean it up, and stop whining. Present them with the facts, and tell them what you want them to do about it (be specific in both aspects). Break the letter into three paragraphs as outlined below. Use bullets to itemize contents in each paragraph below. It will help you organize your thoughts, and it will help the person on the other end to quickly identify what happened, why you're upset, and what you want them to do about it.

First, pretend the person reading the letter wasn't the angel sitting on your shoulder everytime you had a phone conversation with them. Present the background information. Write up a running log of every important date, who you spoke to, and the nature of the conversation, with any promised delivery dates mentioned in the conversations. Again, be concise, and just present the facts...nevermind that fact that Mikey was not nice to you!

Second, present any set backs or missed delivery dates. Again, no flowery prose.

Third, itemize things that were not done after you picked up the car, or things that were not done to your satisfaction.

Lastly, tell them what you want from them (be specific, don't say you're "entitled to something"), to remedy this situation. If you want to add a line or two about the personal inconvenience they have caused you, fine, but limit it to one or two sentences. Any costs out of pocket should also be itemized, specifically requesting reimburstment. Include receipts.

Don't make assumptions about why you were treated poorly. Maybe they treat all their customers that way. That has nothing to do with getting what you want from them right now. If you take the time to write a proper letter, your chances of being taken seriously increase. If you send this letter as it is, I doubt you'll even get an answer from them.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Elder Member

Default I LOVE steamboat, im there every christmas through Jan 20th. I LOVE it there

planning on moving there once i make my fortune ;-)
Old 02-03-2003, 01:49 PM

Got too much time on your hand, haven't you Raj?

Quick Reply: Do not use PRestige Imports body shop, read experience and letter i am sending them