A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

doh, BO smell in my car... any air freshener suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-1999, 03:41 PM
GT

Default doh, BO smell in my car... any air freshener suggestions?

Welp, got my car back from service a few days back and apparently one of the tech guys doesn't have the nicest of body odors when working on my car... thus, I have this lovely, lingering odor in my car that just refuses to go away, no matter how long I drive with the windows open... so I'm wondering, what's a good air freshener to use in the car? I really hate perfumey smells in my car... ideally, I'd love to have that "new car smell" back... any good suggestions? Preferably something that I can just spray once and be done with... don't want no cardboard evergreen tree air fresheners hanging from the rear-view mirror.
Old 12-26-1999, 03:44 PM
Chris

Obviously you have never seen the Seinfeld episode which covers this topic.
Old 12-26-1999, 03:47 PM
JT

LOL ... that was a classic!!!
Old 12-26-1999, 06:43 PM
AXEL

Default Re: doh, BO smell in my car... any air freshener suggestions?

Buy a new jacket NOW!!!
Old 12-26-1999, 06:45 PM
GT

Default Heh, actually I have... that's the first I thought of when I got a whiff of that BO...

although at the end of the episode, didn't Seinfeld wind up selling his car? I don't think I'm in the same financial situation to be able to let go of my car because of the smell...
Old 12-27-1999, 03:12 AM
JimR

Default Re: doh, BO smell in my car... any air freshener suggestions?

I'd try some Ozium air freshener. Usually available at the car wash. I'd also clean the leather (Lexol) where the guy might have sat (driver's seat, anywhere else he might have been in the car).
Old 12-27-1999, 11:41 AM
Robin

Default Haven't tried these, but might be worth it...

www.ultrashield.com

They have auto odor eliminators, new car scent, and even sprays to remove mildew odors from your AC. I've ordered the mildew remover, but haven't applied it yet....
You might want to try their products *not a spam...just an idea *<ul><li><a href="http://www.ultrashield.com">http://www.ultrashield.com</a</li></ul>
Old 12-27-1999, 02:14 PM
markbradford

Try some Mother's Back to Black on some black trim - it's got a nice scent (not feminine at all)
Old 12-27-1999, 11:08 PM
ChuckH

Default Which interior material do you have? I assume you have...

...cloth, since leather should remain fragrant (leather fragrance, of course!), and leatherette should wipe clean. I use that Febreeze (sp?)fabric spray stuff that you can get in the grocery store to freshen the cloth seats and carpet in my Xterra. Works pretty well to get out body odors or musty clothing odors from the less clean people, and other odors such as fast food, or whatever. Good luck!

Charles