A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Doh, looks like I got a bad tint job... any advice as to what I should do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-1999, 12:13 PM
bad tint

Default Doh, looks like I got a bad tint job... any advice as to what I should do?

Got windows tinted last week... tinter assured me bubbles would go away, but there's stilla bunch of tiny little bubbles left in certain areas... granted, you can't really see 'em until you get real up close, but they still bother me... I'm wondering what I should do... I really doubt that they can be fixed without removing the tint and redoing it... has anyone ever gotten their tint removed? Is it a fairly clean job, or is there a chance that some kind of residue would remain? Also, I don't think I'd really trust him redoing it... would it be unreasonable to ask for my money back and for him to remove the tint? Sigh... thanks for any help! Let this be a lesson to all of you who are considering getting your windows tinted to try and get references before going ahead and choosing a tinter...
Old 10-02-1999, 12:29 PM
James R.

Default Here's my take.....

Tint is rarely ever entirely perfect...those tiny bubbles you're describing can take a few weeks to go away. As long as there are no hairs or other debris underneath them they will most likely flatten out.

If you're still not satisfied then you should allow him to install it once more. A lot of these guys will do a much better job the second time cause they know that you're **** and they don't want to have to do it again.

As for possible damage...well if you demand your money back and he does a hack job taking out the rear window tint he may cut into your defroster lines, thus rendering them useless. As for the glue...I think that will come off w/o any real problems.

Regards,

James R.

99 1.8TMS
Old 10-02-1999, 12:38 PM
julie

Default Re: Doh, looks like I got a bad tint job... any advice as to what I should do?

definitely take it back to the tint place.... hopefully, you shopped the market a bit and took your car to people who are reputable and trustworthy. if they are accustomed to tinting nice cars (audi), then they are also accustomed to dealing with us **** types who want it PERFECT. they should have no qualms about redoing it--IF NECESSARY. if these are really "tiny bubbles", they may be able to pop them for you without any signs of doing such. good luck!!!
Old 10-02-1999, 01:35 PM
rasin

DON't take it back yet IT takes 2-3 weeks for bubbles to go away