A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Don't park near me please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-1999, 11:11 AM
Dan Fosher

Default Don't park under a light

birds love them...plop, plop, plop
Old 10-01-1999, 11:11 AM
rjs

Default When you have no choice but to park next to someone...

I always go for the small 4-doors - doors open shorter. Of course, the passenger side if possible. Some minivans are not too bad either - the front doors swing forward without opening too far, and the rear door slides back. Of course, other nice sports cars are a good choice.

Absolutely stay away from 2-door coupes like Thunderbirds, Accords, etc. with backseats. The doors on these cars open wide too easily and you are just asking for trouble.

Also, always park on flat ground when it is less liklely that gravity will pull an opening door into you.

Finally, all these rules are ultra-important Mon-Fri around lunch time and Friday evenings. This is the time you are most likely to get a full carload of carpooling lunch/working types.
Old 10-01-1999, 11:27 AM
DaveL

Stay away from cars with babyseats. Mom may bump the door with her butt into your car.
Old 10-01-1999, 11:28 AM
I feel you though

That's deep. Oh well, just make sure you have a gun on you all times!
Old 10-01-1999, 11:55 AM
Ed

Default Re: Hunting that right spot!

APRless? Does that mean your going to get one or that you had one and not anymore?
Old 10-01-1999, 12:13 PM
Brian

Default Any openings? :)

-
Old 10-01-1999, 12:26 PM
Jeff J

Default Parking over two spaces is a definite no-no...(more)

Sorry but you just lost my respect and a whole lot of other people's, I'm sure. I'm as **** about finding a good parking spot as anybody else. I'd rather walk all the way to the end of a huge parking lot every time. It also urks me that people today have so little respect for each other's property that they'll ding or bang or knock your car without thinking twice.

And yet taking up two spots it's just as bad. If your car gets dinged when you do that it's your own fault.
Old 10-01-1999, 12:27 PM
SC

Re:Maybe he's just trying to prevent dings too!
Old 10-01-1999, 12:35 PM
gonso

Parked save, but then someone keyed her (4300 mi) 1,8 T QS
Old 10-01-1999, 12:36 PM
7an

Default Like I said, only if the parking lot is full... (more)

Otherwise I'll park among the empty spaces. I know a lot of people don't like it but the way I see it, this country being the way it is, I'm protecting my property. Large SUVs hardly even fit in one parking space anyway, and definitely not when their doors are open.

Where I live it's not uncommon to see nice cars parked across two spaces, even if they're far away from other cars. I'm sorry if I lost your respect, but I have no respect for people who damage other people's property. And in the case of cars and parking lots, that's the majority.

99.5 1.8TQM

Quick Reply: Don't park near me please!